1. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I don't think so, I like tribute/coverbands, it's good for a night out and lot's of fun. Sure, it's nothing compared to the real U2 but the songs are the same and the people who're attending those performances are all U2 fans so that's really cool.

What remy said!

Iv'e seen UK tribute bands elevation,unforgettable fire,U2UK and ZU2 and they were top nights out.

2. Kane.......... The vocals were horrible. Perhaps a Guns and Roses song would have suited him better. Too much screaming the words and it lacked true passion.
  3. ELEVATION (Canada) are quite good. I saw them play at the Hard Rock Cafe' in Cleveland during the 2nd of 3 U2 weekends in 2003, when the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame had the special U2 exhibit.

THE JOSHUA TREE out of Los Angeles are quite good. Their Bono looks and sounds the part quite well. He's got the Bono vibe down. The guitar player is top notch - the whole band is. Nice guys too! They even had me come up and play acoustic guitar with them on "In God's Country" last August. Good fun!

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE are pretty great too. Mick is a fantastic guitar player.
  4. I'm going to see U2NL next year. Are they any good?

5. Hello, some songs from U2 Stay revival from Brno Czech republic. It´s a good band:

6. I like U2 tribute bands as they often play songs U2 don't play live anymore......Rattle and Hum a tribute to U2, are a great U2 cover band based in the North of England

Check them Out www.rattleandhum-u2tribute.co.uk
  7. Three friends and I just started a U2 cover band!!! Last saturday we had our first rehearsal, we played some great songs with some great energy, and I have to confess that this was what I needed to fall in love again with U2.

We played Vertigo (first of all, our first song ), Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Even Better, Knocking At Heaven's Door + Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Walk On, Elevation, No Line On The Horizon, an incredible Desire + snippets (1969 and So You Wanna Be A Rock And Roll Star), Angel Of Harlem, Spanish Eyes, With Or Without You-Shine Like Stars, The Electric Co, a couple of failed tries of New Year's Day, and we closed our rehearsal with Where The Streets Have No Name + All I Want Is You + Stand By Me (solo, by me).

Next rehearsal is probably going to be recorded, so you might actually hear us soon

I am the lead vocals and backing guitar (=Bono), and I'm very glad and proud that now I have my own U2 cover band
  8. This band is good, but U2 have demonstrated in many concerts they play much better these songs:

Promenade:

Love comes tumbling:

Heartland (1):

Acrobat:

When I look at the world:

A man and a woman.

Fez:

Heartland (2):

9. Didn't see this one linked but I quite like it:

Now that's exactly how I envisioned U2 as doing it.

And now, Magnificent from Lemon Chile:

Three friends and I just started a U2 cover band!!! Last saturday we had our first rehearsal, we played some great songs with some great energy, and I have to confess that this was what I needed to fall in love again with U2.

We played Vertigo (first of all, our first song ), Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Even Better, Knocking At Heaven's Door + Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Walk On, Elevation, No Line On The Horizon, an incredible Desire + snippets (1969 and So You Wanna Be A Rock And Roll Star), Angel Of Harlem, Spanish Eyes, With Or Without You-Shine Like Stars, The Electric Co, a couple of failed tries of New Year's Day, and we closed our rehearsal with Where The Streets Have No Name + All I Want Is You + Stand By Me (solo, by me).

Next rehearsal is probably going to be recorded, so you might actually hear us soon

I am the lead vocals and backing guitar (=Bono), and I'm very glad and proud that now I have my own U2 cover band

I'm looking forward to it. I do like what I've heard of what your stuff so far (or so I think it is), so keep it coming!
  10. There are way too many U2 cover bands: U2NL, U22U, etc.
    And strangely enough, they all feel it's necessary to get on stage as a terrible look-a-like from one of the boys. It looks ridiculous to me. Some bands play a decent cover, others don't.

But too much is simply too much and dressing up like The Fly just seems idiotic.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:Three friends and I just started a U2 cover band!!! Last saturday we had our first rehearsal, we played some great songs with some great energy, and I have to confess that this was what I needed to fall in love again with U2.

Awe-some Sergio. I'd like to hear some of your stuff!
  12. Again watched some vids from U2NL. They sound nice....april 7 I'll see them play. Soo curious