2011-04-09 - Sao Paulo
Tour: U2 360° Tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. I have a feeling that something special will happen in Brazil...

Something like, Staring At The Sun.
  2. I place my bets on the complete opposite: I think they're smart enough to realize how strong was the reaction to Even Better, both in the stadium and in the U2 community around the world - I don't think they'll go back to BD as the main opener. Maybe 2nd or 3rd night will be opened by BD - but I don't think they'll go back to it as the main one.
    I don't think they're going to drop Magnificent completely, either.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:I place my bets on the complete opposite: I think they're smart enough to realize how strong was the reaction to Even Better, both in the stadium and in the U2 community around the world - I don't think they'll go back to BD as the main opener. Maybe 2nd or 3rd night will be opened by BD - but I don't think they'll go back to it as the main one.
    I don't think they're going to drop Magnificent completely, either.

i agree with everything you have said
  4. Also here a warning before we fall in to WWIII again:

This thread is for discussions specific to the Brazil shows. Any discussions about setlists can go in one of their own threads.
  5. everything this stadium "misses" in capacity the audience will make up by volume oh how I wished they'd shoot a second 360 dvd in Sao Paolo
  6. Originally posted by MacStripey:everything this stadium "misses" in capacity the audience will make up by volume oh how I wished they'd shoot a second 360 dvd in Sao Paolo

would be absolutely amazing!!! hopefully we'll get a broadcast of some sort

7. I remember there was a tv broadcast during the Vertigo shows, at least some parts of them, if not the whole concert of one night. Anyone know if the Brazilian tv papers say anything about this?
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]

I remember there was a tv broadcast during the Vertigo shows, at least some parts of them, if not the whole concert of one night. Anyone know if the Brazilian tv papers say anything about this?

Not that I know
    But the brazilian fan club is planning to make a multicam video bootleg

9. any more info on that? I saw a website about this the other day but don't speak portuguese and the translator was a bit confusing.

Will there be multicams of all three nights? Who'll do it? Will it be also released in HD?
  10. Originally posted by loftarasa:[..]

any more info on that? I saw a website about this the other day but don't speak portuguese and the translator was a bit confusing.

Will there be multicams of all three nights? Who'll do it? Will it be also released in HD?

Apparently it'll be made of videos from the audience (cameras, cell phones...), HD or not. These videos will be compilated and edited by the brazilian fanclub crew (Nalini will edit U2´s part and Andrews will edit Muse's part but I don´t know them, sorry) and then will be uploaded and shared for free, of course.
    I´ve asked the fanclub, but no reply yet on wich shows will be released.
  11. Originally posted by Ale91:[..]

Apparently it'll be made of videos from the audience (cameras, cell phones...), HD or not. These videos will be compilated and edited by the brazilian fanclub crew (Nalini will edit U2´s part and Andrews will edit Muse's part but I don´t know them, sorry) and then will be uploaded and shared for free, of course.
    I´ve asked the fanclub, but no reply yet on wich shows will be released.

Thanks a lot! Too bad it's not HD-only ...I hope they know how to handle different aspect ratios and all that. And moreover use only original raw videos and not youtube-downloaded ones.
    Good luck with the work!
  12. Originally posted by loftarasa:[..]

Thanks a lot! Too bad it's not HD-only ...I hope they know how to handle different aspect ratios and all that. And moreover use only original raw videos and not youtube-downloaded ones.
    Good luck with the work!

You're welcome. As far as I know, they will not use youtube videos, the instruction is that the audience members must upload the videos on sendpace or megaupload and send them the links.