1. I would call Hot Fuss as "album of the year", it simply doesn't get old and I'm always in a great mood for whatever song my shuffle player comes up with.
  2. ^ i'd agree, it's a modern classic. although overall i prefer sam's town (a top 5 album of all time for me) hot fuss has a vibe and epic, almost haunting quality that nothing else has ever really been able to match, including other albums by the killers.

also, i do miss brandon's voice from that era, before he started trying to turn everything into a bruce springsteen impression.
  3. Originally posted by wangmaster:^ i'd agree, it's a modern classic. although overall i prefer sam's town (a top 5 album of all time for me) hot fuss has a vibe and epic, almost haunting quality that nothing else has ever really been able to match, including other albums by the killers.

also, i do miss brandon's voice from that era, before he started trying to turn everything into a bruce springsteen impression.

I prefer Sam's Town too. Although, that could be that I dislike the second-half of the Hot Fuss album, whereas I enjoy the majority of Sam's Town
  4. Originally posted by wangmaster:^ i'd agree, it's a modern classic. although overall i prefer sam's town (a top 5 album of all time for me) hot fuss has a vibe and epic, almost haunting quality that nothing else has ever really been able to match, including other albums by the killers.

Truly, twas' the moustache that felled the beast inside he.
  5. I prefer Sam's Town as a whole too, but the first half of Hot Fuss has defined the indie rock. If Hot Fuss would have contained When You Were Young, Sam's Town and This River Is Wild (preferibly instead of Andy, Midnight and Natalie), it would be the best album of the decade.

But let's stop our Killers rant now, and let's head it to the The Killers thread, right?
  6. Foxtrot - Genesis
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I prefer Sam's Town as a whole too, but the first half of Hot Fuss has defined the indie rock. If Hot Fuss would have contained When You Were Young, Sam's Town and This River Is Wild (preferibly instead of Andy, Midnight and Natalie), it would be the best album of the decade.

Yeah, some band should try to do an album where every song is awesome, but who?!

8. Best album of the Decade, as far as I am concerned.

9. ah. Fair enough. I'll wait until the CD arrives with me next week

10. another brilliant call (although i'm more of a sucker for I-Empire), this thread's getting off to a promising start.

11. I-Empire's great too.

You may like what he has to say about album conceptualization here : (I know I did)