1. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
  2. Now I am on a mission to find my copy somewhere here in this collection. It may have to overtake my chosen album of the day if I find it.

3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

4. Karnivool - Sound Awake

5. Goblin - Suspiria
  6. GRRRREAT ALBUM! Title track is amazing. Goblin is one of the most interesting projects in Italian prog-rock. Those who have not listened yet to "Profondo Rosso" should definitely give it a try.
  7. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:GRRRREAT ALBUM! Title track is amazing. Goblin is one of the most interesting projects in Italian prog-rock. Those who have not listened yet to "Profondo Rosso" should definitely give it a try.
    Some argue that Deep Red (Profondo Rosso) is the pinnacle work in Dario Argento's oeuvre. It certainly paved the way for copycat films that followed in it's wake.
    The nursery rhyme beginning sets the mood immediately. Very eerie.

Italian horror cinema with all its variations, sub-genres and nomenclature has certainly made impact in achieving cult status worldwide. Although I really do not like the contemporary slasher/gore films that seems to have become acceptable as 'horror', there are exceptions that are mainly carried by great soundtracks and, in the majority, suspense.

You have now inspired me to dig out some horror soundtracks.

8. Vault Of Horror - The Italian Connection (Vol.1)

9. Vault Of Horror - The Italian Connection (Vol.2)