1. Let me rephrase that. Most of the time if an artist has been in the public eye for longer than 10 years, the general music public usually gets bored and says something along the lines of: "Okay, you can stop. You don't need to try so hard anymore." Yet their best work might still be in them, waiting for people to discover it.
  2. This was the case with U2!

Your point is well taken by me. Many/most bands' "second decade" get much less publicity/acclaim (two of my favourites, Pearl Jam and Oasis, come to mind), deservedly or not.

Good thing The Beatles (by choice) and Led Zeppelin (by circumstance) ended it when they did.

3. I see what you mean, seems so. And Bono actually said this before ("they want their money back if you're alive at 33" )
    Anyway...this has been going on for a long time, what I don't get is why they're getting replaced in the general public's mind by such bands...you just have to compare, the Floyd were kind of replaced by U2, U2 by bands like Green Day, Coldplay and Muse...but in a few years Muse is going to be replaced with what? Jedward?!
  4. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]

I see what you mean, seems so. And Bono actually said this before ("they want their money back if you're alive at 33" )
    Anyway...this has been going on for a long time, what I don't get is why they're getting replaced in the general public's mind by such bands...you just have to compare, the Floyd were kind of replaced by U2, U2 by bands like Green Day, Coldplay and Muse...but in a few years Muse is going to be replaced with what? Jedward?!

Ha ha those two idiots

I have absolutely nothing but respect for Billie, it was unfair.
  5. Originally posted by ReclinerMan:[..]

Let me rephrase that. Most of the time if an artist has been in the public eye for longer than 10 years, the general music public usually gets bored and says something along the lines of: "Okay, you can stop. You don't need to try so hard anymore." Yet their best work might still be in them, waiting for people to discover it.

ok probably i've misunderstood your point before .. putting in this way it's certainly more shareable
  6. Here's something sad from Green Day's homepage...

Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances.

Whether this is spin or not, I wish the band well.

7. Heard it all before...

Can someone say something different about Green Day instead of using the same old criticism?
  8. Me and my boys, last Saturday. Far from a perfect rendition (in fact I forgot the "Ring out the bells again" verses), but enjoyable anyway. Listen to that audience!

9. The song Last Ride In is pretty good!
  10. Green Day is back!
  11. I was watching this ... good work , amazing crowd !!

I watched in youtube an you have one comment ...from Emiel