1. Listening to it now....amazing
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    Chinese Democracy is to Guns what Pop is to U2. If you can find a used CD store, the back of the CD will be spotless to where you can see every wrinkle on Guy Osbum's face as he is trying to defraud a fan of their Verified Scam Code, and give it to a rich man not short of cash mister!
    In Other words, the Chinese Democracy CD will be spotless, as NOBODY has listened to the songs. They may have HEARD one or two of them, but just adopt the general public opinion that if the popular consensus is that it stinks, than it must stink.

I could ask any number of fans at a 360 show to describe the bass line, or hell, any element of "Last Night On Earth," and would get blank stares. They would Not Know. Ask a casual Guns fan about "This I Love," "Better," "Street Of Dreams," or "Sorry," and you get the same Blank Stare. Democracy is not perfect, but those four songs would be classics if released between 1989-1993. And several other songs are pretty good as well, but as we age, most of us only HEAR songs, and fail to LISTEN. It took a long, long time for me to be certain my poor opinion of SOI was really sincere. Just listening back to NLOTH and how much better it was convinced me.
    I have heard it and I don't mind it, but eight songs from that album is sort of insulting given the line-up. It doesn't matter if the Guns N' Roses name is attached to it, they may as well start playing Velvet Revolver songs, which, in my opinion, are better
  3. Saw them yesterday, first time I went to a concert to a band I wasn’t really a fan of, only knew 4/5 songs. But I was like: I have to go, its a once in a lifetime experience to see Axl and Slash on 1 stage. Pretty good strong show, only downside was: no interraction with the audience, and IMO too many guitar solos.
  4. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Saw them yesterday, first time I went to a concert to a band I wasn’t really a fan of, only knew 4/5 songs. But I was like: I have to go, its a once in a lifetime experience to see Axl and Slash on 1 stage. Pretty good strong show, only downside was: no interraction with the audience, and IMO too many guitar solos.
    Indeed, tour is called "not in this lifetime"
  5. Nice pics, so right to go. Never saw them play. Great you enjoyed it.
  6. I'm in London for a gig the day after they play at Spurs' stadium. Are they any good? I'm a casual fan.

I know Axl's voice has been a bit meh.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I'm in London for a gig the day after they play at Spurs' stadium. Are they any good? I'm a casual fan.

duff mckagan and slash deserve
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    Chinese Democracy is to Guns what Pop is to U2. If you can find a used CD store, the back of the CD will be spotless to where you can see every wrinkle on Guy Osbum's face as he is trying to defraud a fan of their Verified Scam Code, and give it to a rich man not short of cash mister!
    In Other words, the Chinese Democracy CD will be spotless, as NOBODY has listened to the songs. They may have HEARD one or two of them, but just adopt the general public opinion that if the popular consensus is that it stinks, than it must stink.

I could ask any number of fans at a 360 show to describe the bass line, or hell, any element of "Last Night On Earth," and would get blank stares. They would Not Know. Ask a casual Guns fan about "This I Love," "Better," "Street Of Dreams," or "Sorry," and you get the same Blank Stare. Democracy is not perfect, but those four songs would be classics if released between 1989-1993. And several other songs are pretty good as well, but as we age, most of us only HEAR songs, and fail to LISTEN. It took a long, long time for me to be certain my poor opinion of SOI was really sincere. Just listening back to NLOTH and how much better it was convinced me.
    Chinese Democracy was just Axl and a bunch of hired players had Slash,Izzy ,Duff played on it the album would have been massive the gap between the illusions albums and CD was 17 years most of the fanbase had moved on but obviously with the reunion they got a new lease of life and some of that album was played live so more people knew it.
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I'm in London for a gig the day after they play at Spurs' stadium. Are they any good? I'm a casual fan.

I've seen em five times:

92 with Metallica
    93 Skin and Bones
    2010 with Hired Guns
    2011 with Hired Guns
    2016 with Slash/ Duff

2012 Slash Solo

They were the world's most dangerous band at one point. I'd see em again.