1. Originally posted by sapphire:Just thought about the The Fly soundcheck in Seattle..it might also replace IWF, so it gets played right after EBTTRT..what do you guys think?

I believe they'll play it instead of Batman. Just a guess...

2. Bono plays guitar on The Fly, he can't use the swinging microphone AND play guitar ahaha we might get a set with BOTH songs love it
  3. Discotheque snippet is the best part of Crazy. Cant believe they dont dare to play it completely
  4. Originally posted by sapphire: Just thought about the The Fly soundcheck in Seattle..it might also replace IWF, so it gets played right after EBTTRT..what do you guys think?

I believe they'll play it instead of Batman. Just a guess...

No, instead of Crazy and just for GB. The Crazy remix doesn't work on a "normal"stage. (wrong topic)??
  5. The traffic situation for the 2nd to last JT32 show in Manila (https://u2start.com/topic/by-post/907465/) has got me looking up for traffic jams that delayed or got in the way of U2 gigs in the past. There's of course 1998-01-27 - Rio de Janeiro, but the funniest one happened in the first world...

https://www.u2radio.com/2011/06/disgruntled_u2_fans_consider_legal_action_after_missing_concert.php/

Disgruntled U2 Fans Consider Legal Action After Missing Concert

OAKLAND, Calif. -- As the massive stage at Overstock.com Coliseum in Oakland was being taken down Wednesday following Tuesday night's U2 concert, some joked that there were still some people trying to get there for the show.

For many stuck on Bay Area freeways Tuesday night, the enormous traffic jam was no laughing matter. And some angry ticket holders are considering legal action.

Several factors contributed to the traffic jam, including an accident involving a big rig that flipped off an I-80 off ramp and shut down two east bound lanes of I-80 for several hours.

U2's sold-out concert Tuesday night attracted nearly 70,000 people. Many who decided to drive waited in traffic for as long as 5 hours and arrived late

Some did turn around and gave up. Others just saw the last few songs of the U2's set.

"When we got to the concert and people were actually filing in as late as 11:30 at night."

Some were so angry they immediately went online and found others who experienced the same frustration.

Radio DJ Rick Stuart attended the concert. He said people who took BART were also worried BART would stop running at midnight and leave people stranded.

"There were thousands of people. I mean the section around me by the end of the concert was almost empty because people were checking their watch wondering, 'Wow, I have to make it home,'" Stuart said. "And I don't blame them because that's the information they had."

The whole incident has some considering legal action.

Attorney Patrick Mussad said the people who missed the concert deserve at least a refund.

"The next step is to, after I gather the information, make a nice friendly phone call to the managers of the venue, the Oakland Coliseum, and see if they amicably want to work something out. If not, then we will have to go through legal channels," Mussad said.

Oakland Coliseum officials said they made every parking space available they could and said too many people drove and not enough people took public transit.