1. I really love that song!! Nice blues guitar great lyrics ZooTV version is also great
  2. Guess who is 62 in this video:

@1:15

3. Yep; Bono now muttering about being 62 years old 🤣🤣🤣
  4. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made the link between then 62 year old B.B. King in Rattle and Hum and our current Bono at 62. Well played Sir, well played.
  5. It always amazed me how Bono was aphonic, almost completely hoarse when talking to BB, but then completely changed (for good) when singing to the microphone. It blows my mind every single time.

And one of the greatest guitar players of all time saying "I'm no good with chords, I'm horrible with chords, yknow"... Well. What a man.
  6. Epic song from U2's best era (1987-1993). Just like Pop, Rattle And Hum is a divider. I understand the indifference to Pop, though I warmed up to it right away, blasting it for most of 1997 and 1998. The disdain some had for Rattle just made no sense. No, it wasn't the Joshua Tree, but it had so many incredible songs. Most bands of the era would do anything to have Heartland, God Part II, and Angel Of Harlem in a 30 year career, but on one album? Incredible. Yes, the mix with the live songs threw it off. But the BB King Duet is awesome, should have been a hit. Well, it was in the UK, but as a USA fan, I was bewildered that it stalled at 68. In the same year, Prince had songs that would've been career defining for anyone else not even chart, so oh well, the charts at least carried a small bit of respect from me back then. After about 2000 or so, they just became lists of mostly awful or mediocre songs.
  7. Originally posted by pleasegone:Epic song from U2's best era (1987-1993). Just like Pop, Rattle And Hum is a divider. I understand the indifference to Pop, though I warmed up to it right away, blasting it for most of 1997 and 1998. The disdain some had for Rattle just made no sense. No, it wasn't the Joshua Tree, but it had so many incredible songs. Most bands of the era would do anything to have Heartland, God Part II, and Angel Of Harlem in a 30 year career, but on one album? Incredible. Yes, the mix with the live songs threw it off. But the BB King Duet is awesome, should have been a hit. Well, it was in the UK, but as a USA fan, I was bewildered that it stalled at 68. In the same year, Prince had songs that would've been career defining for anyone else not even chart, so oh well, the charts at least carried a small bit of respect from me back then. After about 2000 or so, they just became lists of mostly awful or mediocre songs.
    Angel Of Harlem and When Love Comes To Town rank easily within the 20 most ignored / boring U2 songs for me. They're just U2 trying their hardest to be something they were not.

The rest of the (studio) songs on the album are among my most listened from their whole career, though!

Van Diemen's Land
    Hawkmoon 269
    Love Rescue Me
    Heartland
    God Part II
    All I Want Is You

What a bunch of gems
  8. I respect you are not as much into every song I am, but Heartland, God Part II, on one album? How lucky we are to be fans. And even though I am not crazy over All I Want Is You, it's still a brilliant song. And it sounded great in Nashville 2011 when that lucky fan got to play guitar with him on stage. My mother was blind, so him being blind was a touch of emotion, as I always seem to have extra respect for blind musicians.
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:I respect you are not as much into every song I am, but Heartland, God Part II, on one album? How lucky we are to be fans. And even though I am not crazy over All I Want Is You, it's still a brilliant song. And it sounded great in Nashville 2011 when that lucky fan got to play guitar with him on stage. My mother was blind, so him being blind was a touch of emotion, as I always seem to have extra respect for blind musicians.
    the "Nashville incident" is in my top5 moments ever by U2.
  10. Well, I was there, I was in the GA, about maybe 15 or so rows back, so got to see it up close. It was the best of my 3 shows that year, not to say Baltimore or Miami(North Star show) were bad, but their passion was better. Kinda how on JT 2017 that Louisville was better than Miami or Tampa...just more passion. Very fortunate to have been in Nashville...The Wanderer snippet was pretty long too.
  11. Sergio, had not looked at your profile in maybe ten years lol. Great taste in U2, we have the same favorite album, favorite tour, but different taste in Rattle And Hum songs to a point ha!