U2 - Lemon
Album:
Zooropa (1993)
  1. Originally posted by popmartsarajevo:Why don't we just make a 'wanker' topic ?

Chris Martin is a legendary singer and I want to see him live,but,Bono is legendary even to Chris Martin,a legend.

You should see them live They're awesome! (I shall write that review you asked for, some day).
  2. I was really hoping they'd play "Lemon" on this lengthy tour but as we now head into the last month of the tour, I am doubtful they'll bring it out. Too bad.

3. Or why don't we just not talk about Chris Martin being a 'wanker' at all. Creating a topic about it would be so pointless that it would be unreal.

Anyway, my view on Lemon - it's a song I struggle to listen to. It bores me once it gets past about 4 minutes and it's just far too long for my liking. But I do like the lyrics + the singing in it, mainly the falsetto by Bono. Also, I really did like the ZooTV version and it's transition into With or Without You.
  4. Lemon is one of my favourite songs from Zooropa. Its a real shame they only played it live 10 times.

5. it's a Great song ....one of my favorites of ZOOROPA !!! :M
  6. I first remember hearing Lemon on The Best Of 1990-2000 DVD in the summer of '03/'04 (not entirely sure which year). I was quite young then and was mesmerised by the song. I completely fell in love with it. It was an entirely "new U2" for me as my parents played a lot of ATYCLB at the time. Lemon was constantly on repeat on the TV (alternating with Discotheque - another discovery on the DVD! ). The DVD was lost for a number of years, much to my disappointment but I recently rediscovered it and watching the video and listening to Lemon again reminded me of the great memories of that summer discovering so many new U2 songs.

One of my favourites - in fact I'm listening to it now..

Midnight is where the day begins!!!

7. Been listening to this recently and apart from loving the song in general the notes on the keyboard are so simple but effective, that little solo as well on the keyboard is as good as any guitar solo out there for me not in terms of skill involved but just in working perfectly with the song, love it.
  8. Reminds me of Summer days.

I must admit that I only really like the original version as the dance mixes lose the 'feel' of the original track and sound like most dance genre songs.

And I can't see this song ever being played again though - and that's a shame.
  9. They played Dirty Day last November and Lemon was last played on Zoomerang so......
  10. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:Reminds me of Summer days.

I must admit that I only really like the original version as the dance mixes lose the 'feel' of the original track and sound like most dance genre songs.

And I can't see this song ever being played again though - and that's a shame.
    Got to be original version for me too or the zoo tv Sydney which I don’t like quite as much but was a great attempt to capture the song live I feel. You’re probably right, I don’t expect them to play it live again either, I’m sure there would be a way though where Bono could adapt without having to do the falsetto which I think would be asking too much these days, musically the song wouldn’t necessarily need to change much bono could just sing a lot lower, almost spoken for the falsetto parts. I think that would set the vocal up nicely for the ‘drifting, drifting, drifting’ and ‘ slowly, slowly, slowky’ bits.
  11. Wonderful song, wonderful album. Still the U2 album I would pick if I could only keep one.
  12. One of Adam's most earth-moving basslines. I remember when I first heard the song; I was confused because it sounded so incredibly different from any U2 song before it.

It has some amazing, shimmering textures to it, with bright colors and a killer falsetto. And I love the music video.