1992-08-16 - Washington
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. DC is such an amazing show though man, Encore is nuts and a top tier Bad. Just an amazing show.
  2. Originally posted by one8ung:U2
    1992-08-16
    RFK Stadium
    Washington DC

== MATRIX ==

Here's my version of the 1992 Washington DC show. It's a pretty nice listen to me, but it isn't the Holy Grail, unfortunately. The SBD was recorded too loud and the second half of the show suffers badly from distortion.

For this matrix, two SBD sources were used: the Dreamoutloud version aka 'Calling the White House", and the more complete ‘And Now a Word From Our Sponsors’. Both had their good and their bad, so I used parts from both.

The AUD (said to be Sony WM D3 > pc-62 by M.V.) was distant but it adds a pleasant live atmosphere. It wasn't mixed in very loud but unfortunately you'll notice some talking, screaming and clapping through the music at spots.

Last note: the sound was and is very compressed so if you listen with headphones, you'll be very tired at the end of the show. But apart from the flaws, I tried to get the best out of it, and it sounds pretty acceptable over any stereo set. Enjoy.

01 Intro
    02 Zoo Station
    03 The Fly
    04 Even Better Than The Real Thing
    05 Mysterious Ways
    06 One - Unchained Melody
    07 Until The End Of The World
    08 New Year's Day
    09 Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    10 Angel Of Harlem
    11 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    12 Satellite Of Love
    13 Bad
    14 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    15 Bullet The Blue Sky
    16 Running To Stand Still
    17 Where The Streets Have No Name
    18 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    19 Zoo TV Confessionals
    20 Desire
    21 Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    22 With Or Without You
    23 Love Is Blindness
    24 Can't Help Falling In Love

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://we.tl/t-HXpvaPmLHH

I love this, made my day. Great work. Thank you @noiseless
  3. Thanks to @noiseless for his work right?
  4. Indeed! Apologies! Amended now. A year away and still getting it wrong over here...

I had a VHS version of this show circa 1994 and transfered the audio to tape. Played it to death. It was never the greatest gig on that tour, but was one of the better sounding. So as someone very familiar with the original soundboard, I appreciate the difference here.
  5. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    Indeed! Apologies! Amended now. A year away and still getting it wrong over here...

I had a VHS version of this show circa 1994 and transfered the audio to tape. Played it to death. It was never the greatest gig on that tour, but was one of the better sounding. So as someone very familiar with the original soundboard, I appreciate the difference here.
    Wow, nice memories This is one of the classic shows. In my book it's always been inferior both performance- and sound-wise to the other big proshots of the tour (specially Stockholm and Sydney, but also Adelaide, Basel etc) but it's still Zoo and that means it's still GREAT.

6. i think that this audio remaster (it says that it has been "stereoized") is the best one for the washington show, does anybody have a link for this audio version?
  7. Curious how the AI remaster was done. If you want the audio from this, I use a site called Loader (.to) that allows you to download just the audio in WAV format
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow, nice memories This is one of the classic shows. In my book it's always been inferior both performance- and sound-wise to the other big proshots of the tour (specially Stockholm and Sydney, but also Adelaide, Basel etc) but it's still Zoo and that means it's still GREAT.
    I like mistakes, missed cues, flubs, etc... though sometimes Bono can be a distraction when he is lost with the lyrics. The DC 1992 remains in my top 10 ever shows. They were on fire. I prefer it to Adelaide and Stockholm, and it is on pace with Dubiln as far as the Soundboards go. Sydney is on an even higher level, but DC is not far behind.
  9. This was an interesting gig..the flubs were irritating Bono. Love the premature cork pop, classic. Also you have the Bad, SBS, BTBS trio..lots of emotion there..lord, I forgot about that Desire.. ouch. Not in my top 5 Zoo shows, but great to revisit it