1. It's been a long time since i played a studio album....I can't pick out a song that's better in the studio..
  2. I made my own U2-Mix CD with the best studio-songs on it.
  3. 999 times out of 1000 a song is better live than studio. U2's music sounds better in a large space, and they feed off of the audience's energy.

Only songs I prefer studio version to are Still Havent Found, Do You Feel Loved
  4. I don't think WOWY has every topped the studio version. Bono has had better performances, but there is something completely magical about the JT cut.

Same with The Unforgettable Fire (the song).
  5. Bono has a better voice in WOWY in studio most of the times, but I prefer the live versions for The Edge's solo, and of course the audience.

Do You Feel Loved is great in studio, but SUCKS live, I was terribly dissapointed when I saw it in YouTube. I still think that Acrobat would have been perfect for MacPhisto. One is usually better, I love Edge's final solo.

Anyway I think U2's songs are 95% better Live than Studio(not counting the ones that were never played live).
  6. I think most songs from Zooropa sound better in studio, because they depend on the effects and different textures to change from one another. In the other hand, "Exit" is way better alive.
  7. Always [edit, I was slept xD] LIVE for each song except a few (Do you feel loved, Mothers Of The Dsappeared, which live sucks without the ''El PUeblo Vencera'' snippet...). U2 Live is the most spectacular thing on the earth. Always, always, always.
  8. Originally posted by redguitaronfire
    In the other hand, "Exit" is way better alive.

Of course. How could I forget? You're absolutely right!

Alex
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyIt's been a long time since i played a studio album....I can't pick out a song that's better in the studio..

me too!
    since i joined this this site ive been listening to live bootlegs and hardly ever listen to studio stuff anymore.
    now when a u2 song comes on the radio i find myself putting in snippets i.e. ruby tuesday - bad , here us coming lord - one etc...

10. Originally posted by AAV711999 times out of 1000 a song is better live than studio. U2's music sounds better in a large space, and they feed off of the audience's energy.

Only songs I prefer studio version to are Still Havent Found, Do You Feel Loved

i agree 100% about i still haven't found...
  11. The best song U2 have transformed live from the studio is Until The End of The World.
  12. Originally posted by dermottferry07The best song U2 have transformed live from the studio is Until The End of The World.

Agreed