1. Listened to a few live 'Unforgettable fire' and studio version way bettter but most other stuff live far superior.
  2. Originally posted by dermottferry07The best song U2 have transformed live from the studio is Until The End of The World

Have you ever listened to Where The Streets Have No Name live from The Joshua Tree Tour or Lovetown?
  3. Originally posted by robbie07[..]

me too!
    since i joined this this site ive been listening to live bootlegs and hardly ever listen to studio stuff anymore.
    now when a u2 song comes on the radio i find myself putting in snippets i.e. ruby tuesday - bad , here us coming lord - one etc...

Yeah when I hear studio versions they sound naked without the snippets. U2 live is simply so much better in so many ways. Their music is designed for a big space. They can feed off of the audience's energy
  4. I think Bullet The Blue Sky is a good and powerful song in studio but It never comes out nice that good live (except the version from Sydney on the Zoo TV tour)
    On the other side I love All I Want Is You when Bono sings at live, for example the version before Streets at Slane Castle !!
  5. "Live is where we live" - BONO.

That says it all; and pretty accurately, I might add. Most U2 songs are that much better live. Bad, Wire and Exit are prime examples.

Even Where The Streets Have No Name is that much MORE amazing live. Recordeced version is great but the live versions... WOW!

Some songs that don't go up a notch, they don't continue to play. They tried Zooropa, Babyface, Indian Summer Sky... they felt they didn't hold up after a handful of live atttempts and stopped.

Does that mean studio is better? No. It means that studio versions are sketches/templates of the tunes. And live is where the songs comes alive - in most cases. The ones that don't 'come alive' are put to bed and those that do come alive... tend to stay in the set longer - and over more tours.

Some may agree and some not. That is okay.
  6. Originally posted by diederok, One live @ Slane is WAY better than album version. IMO

Agreed
  7. I smell a duplicate topic. This has a better title so the other shall get the chop
  8. The Fly is amazing either or. but live especially in U2 3D OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Well...you gotta realize this. When the boys put some albums together, they sound great. Boy has songs that segue perfectly into one another. Same goes for Achtung.

Most bands however get their rep from doing something live. Most stuff by U2 is great live and in the studio. I say its a tie. You can't really say one's better than the other fairly. Studio songs are designed to have the studio sound, not the live sound. This in one way is like saying "Apples or Oranges?". It just can't be done. For some songs it can, but you can't cast off the U2 studio sounds as being inferior to their live counterparts.
  10. i think most of their songs are translated better live, it's as if the studio version of the song is just the blueprint, and then when they take it on the road they flesh it out and really let it grow. a recent example is definitely Original of the Species; that song peaked during the 3rd leg I think. Studio version are obviously great, but I think they're better when you know what they're capable of. Hence a lot of people base their opinions on U2 based on radio and studio versions, but not the fleshed out live versions, live is where these songs live and breathe, they are birthed on record, they grow on the road
  11. Originally posted by stj0691Well...you gotta realize this. When the boys put some albums together, they sound great. Boy has songs that segue perfectly into one another. Same goes for Achtung.

Most bands however get their rep from doing something live. Most stuff by U2 is great live and in the studio. I say its a tie. You can't really say one's better than the other fairly. Studio songs are designed to have the studio sound, not the live sound. This in one way is like saying "Apples or Oranges?". It just can't be done. For some songs it can, but you can't cast off the U2 studio sounds as being inferior to their live counterparts.

true that
  12. This topic could go on and on for me....ummm lets see Studio wise, Do You Feel Loved I like better in the studio, Live, which is always a fan favorite is Where The Streets Have No Name. Discuss amongst yourselfs for a bit