1. I was sick at home that day. As a twelve year old.
    I remember trying to find something enjoyable to watch on TV to distract myself from feeling sick, and lonely cause mom and dad had to go to work.

I had normal broadcasting for an hour or so.. Then,suddenly, the channel i was watching, jumped to a live broadcast. (As did every single other channel in The Netherlands)
    The footage of those planes crashing into the twin towers flashed by, and since broadcasting was live... (I think) I saw the towers go down in realtime? I think..

It was nauseating.. Scary. I was alone. I was old enough to understand what was happening, and where, but just the why? I think I cried, even though I was safe and sound. In our the living room of my own home... The footage made me sicker than I already was, but yet I kept watching. Digesting this was going to take a while...

Did we ever?
  2. 20 years ago wow,I had no connection to NYC whatsoever, didn't know anyone who lived or worked there,I was a young 20 something who was over 3,000 miles away from it but this shocked me beyond belief.The day was so sombre you could feel the sense of loss throughout the world.Just one of those surreal days.
    Watching some of the new documentaries and taking in the horrors is heart breaking
    God bless them all.
  3. I was too young to remember the day, but when I watched the movie ‘World Trade Centre’ when I was a young teen, I thought it was a completely made up movie until my Dad informed me that it was in fact real and there was footage of it. I immediately searched YouTube and couldn’t believe that it did happen

4. Visited the memorial in 2018 and it was overwhelming