1. Originally posted by Fly40:I know the meaning of “ passed away”
    But “wow” doesn’t fit with “ passed away “
    Wow is positive
    People say "Wow" to express they are shocked, doesn't have to be positive
  2. Well....not in Italy
    Different country different thought
  3. I told Bono that genre you were going on about:gonzo U2. And he'd never heard of it. [Bono voice] "What's gonzo U2?" And I was like, 'You know, that mad shit that doesn't mean anything." And he was like, "It all means something". And I was going, 'Elevation' doesn't. 'A mole, digging in a hole?' that's like one of my fucking lines."

Noel Gallagher on U2.
  4. God damnit I’m watching the Lakeland show from 1992 and imagine being there. Like the first people ever to hear that tucked into a tiny 8000 person civic center in the middle of nowhere. I would give anything to have a chance to have seen that if I were alive.
  5. Official Live Aid & Live 8 channels on Youtube now with loads of HD performances from both events...

6. Amazing to think that this performance is the same number of years ago to now as it was from the start of ZooTV at the time.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Amazing to think that this performance is the same number of years ago to now as it was from the start of ZooTV at the time.
    Indeed...that was my first summer in London after moving over from home. Seems a lifetime ago now
  8. My two friends and I just recorded a U2 podcast where we (kinda) breakdown the discrography. This podcast is usually all over the place but we just started to get into talking about bands so I suggested U2 of course! I try my best to tell the book of U2 but at the end you hear a lot of Get on Your Boots from my best buddy. But I’ll post a link to it in 2 days when it’s gets uploaded if any of you want to hear me try my best to talk about U2 for an hour