1. probably not, but maybe I will... it's just something that I came across accidently today... like I said, your explanation makes sense, but there are maybe 100 other names that also would have made sense also... I always remember when I bought Pimm's Concert Documentary how many shows they did in Italy on Zoo TV.. they seemed immensely popular over there.. so I'm not sure if this is just coincidence (like those metrolines certainly were).

2. That’s it!
    Italian too
    I posted a picture in the U2 parody months ago
    There are many around here and every time I see them I sing!!!
  3. Btw Davec82 where do you live?
  4. Originally posted by Fly40:[..]

That’s it!
    Italian too
    I posted a picture in the U2 parody months ago
    There are many around here and every time I see them I sing!!!
    Yes, that's it, but when the original name was for example Anes, would they have choses A2?? I'm not so sure about that, I think there's more to it than just Unes -> U2.
  5. Unes is one thing
    then there is U! which means a bigger store
    and then U2 which is smaller
  6. yes, I understand, but it's not like that was the only option.. like I said, if it was A!, I doubt they would have called it A2... it doesn't appeal... O2 makes a lot more sense, as it means something to people..
  7. made it this way it sure "hits" more....i can understand what you wanna say....they "joke" on the fact of the known U2 ......exploiting the fact
  8. Originally posted by Fly40:made it this way it sure "hits" more....i can understand what you wanna say....they "joke" on the fact of the known U2 ......exploiting the fact
    it would never happen in here in the Netherlands, although U2 is still very popular here (but also disliked/hated quite a lot). But Italy it is quite a bit different.. you know how to threat exceptional quality... Marco van Basten is a saint over there, but in Holland some just call him 'pannekoek' after making us European Champion in 1988 with 5 goals and 2 assists (out of 8 goals).
  9. When the Italians can go faster they find the way to do it
    No matter what happens around
    I’m Italian but don’t feel like

10. Goodbye mr. Hollis