1. It’s an old man pretending to be a young girl on a U2 fan site for some strange reason I mean if that isn’t a loser idk what is… I think calling that person a loser is the most respectful thing I can say

2. Promotional releases are sent to radio stations, DJs or others in the music business. They are often marked "for promotion only" and are sometimes unique items. "Until the End of the World" and "Zooropa" both had promotional singles released. These days promotional releases are almost exclusively released direct through digital releases. Very few are done on physical media anymore. Most of what you see on eBay sold as "promotional releases" from the last two albums are all fakes.

These days the promotional stuff is uploaded to a server, and DJ's are emailed a notification when the promo is available. As they are downloaded, each track has a watermark added to the audio which can identify the user who downloaded it initially.

Singles are commercially released items, available for purchase, or more recently, available to stream through commercial sites. This would include a digital release like "Ahimsa" or a physical release like "The Blackout".
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Promotional releases are sent to radio stations, DJs or others in the music business. They are often marked "for promotion only" and are sometimes unique items. "Until the End of the World" and "Zooropa" both had promotional singles released. These days promotional releases are almost exclusively released direct through digital releases. Very few are done on physical media anymore. Most of what you see on eBay sold as "promotional releases" from the last two albums are all fakes.

These days the promotional stuff is uploaded to a server, and DJ's are emailed a notification when the promo is available. As they are downloaded, each track has a watermark added to the audio which can identify the user who downloaded it initially.

Singles are commercially released items, available for purchase, or more recently, available to stream through commercial sites. This would include a digital release like "Ahimsa" or a physical release like "The Blackout".
    That's nice to know
    Thank you Aaron
  4. I know this is a bit random but just was having a browse at the news and read this headline and thought I’ll have a look into it. I feel like it gives some literal meaning to Bono’s ‘sing to survive’ saying only in this case it’s acting to survive. There’s something really refreshing about this story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59528341
  5. RIP John Miles

6. Does anyone have a high quality version of this pic?

7. Lol this post's comments had 3 Bono comments

8. 😅
  9. Prayers out to anyone affected by Russian attacks today