1. Ah understood, nonetheless…
  2. Prognosis does not look good at all. He's on a ventilator, his arm and liver are injured and he may loose an eye. Religious fanatics have chased him for decades, only for being a free thinker.
  3. Very very sad and enfuriating
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Prognosis does not look good at all. He's on a ventilator, his arm and liver are injured and he may loose an eye. Religious fanatics have chased him for decades, only for being a free thinker.
    let's not forget that speaking ill of christianity used to have its consequences too for the 'free thinker'

rushdie knew what he was getting into with theses writings - he was even pre-warned by his publisher that it might 'upset' people

'upsetting' an extremist or a fundamentalist is never a good thing to do

but free speech should be a democratic (are you listening too republicans) right

but also if you know that putting your hand in a hornets nest may mean that you get stung then your democratic right to do that, is (again) your 'free' choice

extremists in all faiths/religions will always have their place as with extreme left-wing and right-wing political viewpoints (capitol building attack anyone?)

voltaire was thought to have said “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

some people will say to that “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend the god-given right to put you to death for saying it”

it's a mad world - nuff said

hope he pulls through
  5. Get well soon Salaman
  6. Just a thought:
    Do you think any other artist has worked with so many artists as U2 have?
    I thought of starting to list studio collaborations, and then thought of live appearances and then thought of musical collaborations as solo artists… and then I gave up. it must be hundreds of world famous artists who have worked with U2 in one or another way.
  7. I bet in hiphop scene are much more collaborations
  8. Ed Sheeran
  9. Has this ever happened before? Tickets didn't even make it out of pre sale.