1. O.K. who here [or anyone that has friends or relatives] has actually met any members of the band, and what were they like? how did they come across?
    i say this because back in 87 u2 were playing in my home town [cork, ireland] and my mother and my aunt were huge fans of the band at the time and found out which hotel the band were staying at.
    they went to the hotel and found the band having lunch and went over and asked for autographs and adam quite bluntly told them to f-off.
    they were pretty upset when it happened but now whenever they tell me about they just laugh about it - but its kind of stuck in my head that one of my favorite bands told my mam to f-off.
    if i ever meet adam hes in for a serious tongue lashing!
    anyway lets hear about your meetings with u2!
  2. I've never, but my mother met them in a Cinema here i nMadrid where they were presenting Rattle And Hum; thay gave some autographs (of course my mum has it) and, I hope the police don't get us, my mum and is boyfriend took two cardboard figures of Bono and Edge! Such a nice stuff! But unforgivably my mum gave her (Bono's one) to a friend, and I've never seen it.

And now, my father had a backstage ticket (because of my grandfather, who is a musician) for the show in Madrid 1987-07-15. He met Edge and Larry, and some members from UB·40. He couldn't take photos from U2, but he got an autograph, a ¿prong? (the thing to play the guitar) from the Edge, and a setlist from the concert, so he knew what they we're going to play in each moment.

But unfortunately I've never met U2. I hope I meet them this summer, I'm going to Dublin for practising english!!

C·U!!
  3. One of my best friends once met Bono in a pub, in 1989. She has a picture of the event --- lucky her :-)
  4. PS

She was 12 at the time, by the way :-)
  5. I met Bono first. That was outside the hotel in San Diego during The Joshua Tree. He mentions the group of us following the band back to the hotel at many of the subsequent San Diego shows over the years.

I met him again during ZOOTV. Actually got to speak with him over a number of occasions and shows during the indoor and outside broadcast shows.

It was during the ZOO tours that I met Adam, Larry and The Edge for the first time.

Each has always been kind, friendly and appreciative of the fans. Adam & Larry might not come out to meet fans EVERY show. But when they are up to it, they do they are gentlemen and very cool.

I've been pretty lucky over the years. But living in LA helps - Bono is here often and The Edge has a house here. So there you have it!

Cheers!
    AN STRAT DUBH
  6. I've never met them--but would love to! Although, I would probably faint so I wouldn't remember it.