1. I think I could help with Russian if there is a need to

2. Yes there absolutely is! It would be amazing to have the site available in Russian, there are so many people there (hopefully also a lot of U2 fans) who we can help getting access to more great U2 stuff

Let me send you a PM
  3. Originally posted by Mr_TrekWell, the thing is that nearly everyone is good at English here. The ones who don't know it are probably either too young to be here, or too old.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't provide translation of our web. If you don't want to translate it into Swedish do not worry about it, someone else will do
  4. I would still be using it in English as well, even if there's Dutch available, just looks odd I can come into Mr_Trek's arguments
  5. Russian, that is a language that'd be important.
  6. of course, I did the Spanish translating back in 2007 and I haven't used it since, but there are -literaly- hundreds of users who've done it, so my effort has paid off. I don't use it, but others do. I don't look just my interests but for the community interests, and that interests include having the site translated into as many languages as possible, in my opinion.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASongof course, I did the Spanish translating back in 2007 and I haven't used it since, but there are -literaly- hundreds of users who've done it, so my effort has paid off. I don't use it, but others do. I don't look just my interests but for the community interests, and that interests include having the site translated into as many languages as possible, in my opinion.

You can't compare Sweden and Spain though. There's a huge difference in people's proficency in English. I just don't think a Swedish translation would be that meaningful. I would like to help U2start though, but I'm sure there are other areas where help would be more, well, helpful and meaningful.
  8. Olof, with your proficiency in English, the Swedish translation wouldn't take you long to complete. Obviously there is no obligation to do it, it's just ,that Remy wants to branch out and make U2start available to more countries. Up to you though at the end of the day, as far as I'm aware though, you hold all the aces in regards to a Swedish version.
  9. If it doesn't take that much time, I could do it. How much time has it taken for those of you who have?

10. The Dutch translation took me about 2-3 hours. But I type quite fast and know where words and phrases are put so this is the absolute minimum.

You can divide the translation over more days/weeks of course. And when you complete the translation it's also a matter of browsing onto the website, looking for phrases that are too long/translated in the wrong context, and then you change that back etc.

In the end it'll probably cost you 6 hours of your life, spread over a few days/weeks. And when you use the site more and more you always spot things that can be better, which you can alter.
  11. Ok, that's not that much. I'll do it Even though I highly doubt it'd be meaningful for the site. Maybe it'll be good for dumb Norwegians
  12. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Ok, that's not that much. I'll do it Even though I highly doubt it'd be meaningful for the site. Maybe it'll be good for dumb Norwegians

Great, let me send you a PM with additional info