1. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    Agree, they look like photo's you'd expect to see in print. Great lighting, great focus and great composition.

Thank you. I actually use very cheap equipment. Canon EOS 550D with Canon 50mm f1.8 lens.

2. It's the skill of the person not the expense of the camera.

Sergio: Absolutely. Prefer classical music to today's electronic instrumental I have to admit but I could easily listen to something like 'What Do You Go Home To?' by Explosions in the Sky (although the artist name may put some fellow passengers off.)

Near The Island would be good, Theme from The Swan or Your Blue Room (vocals, I know) from Passengers.
  3. Very much a 1930's south coast England feel to that one. I like it
  4. Originally posted by iTim[..]

It's the skill of the person not the expense of the camera.

Sergio: Absolutely. Prefer classical music to today's electronic instrumental I have to admit but I could easily listen to something like 'What Do You Go Home To?' by Explosions in the Sky (although the artist name may put some fellow passnegers off.)

Near The Island would be good, Theme from The Swan or Your Blue Room (vocals, I know) from Passengers.

hahahahahaa... You know there's actually a history relating Explosions In The Sky, an album of their and the 9-11 attacks? It's hilarious xD
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

hahahahahaa... You know there's actually a history relating Explosions In The Sky, an album of their and the 9-11 attacks? It's hilarious xD

Now you mention it, I do vaguely recall reading something. I'd be hard pressed for specifics though.
  6. Originally posted by iTim[..]

Now you mention it, I do vaguely recall reading something. I'd be hard pressed for specifics though.

(wiki sourced)

They garnered a small amount of media attention with their second album, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever, due to rumors linking it to the September 11, 2001 attacks. The band denied any connection in interviews. The album art shows an airplane with the caption "This plane will crash tomorrow." There were false reports that the last track was called "This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow" and that the album was released on September 10, 2001;[7][8] the concept had actually originated in 2000, and the album was released on August 27, 2001. Bassist Michael James was detained in an airport as a threat to security, and had to explain why his guitar contained the words "this plane will crash tomorrow".
  7. Not no fall very off-topic, I link the Explosions In The Sky theme with the original subject of this topic:

this is one of my favorite pics ever, and I don't mean "one of my favorite Explosions In The Sky pics ever"... I mean one of my favorite photos ever. It just reflects so many things, so much passion for the music, so much power...

8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

(wiki sourced)

They garnered a small amount of media attention with their second album, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever, due to rumors linking it to the September 11, 2001 attacks. The band denied any connection in interviews. The album art shows an airplane with the caption "This plane will crash tomorrow." There were false reports that the last track was called "This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow" and that the album was released on September 10, 2001;[7][8] the concept had actually originated in 2000, and the album was released on August 27, 2001. Bassist Michael James was detained in an airport as a threat to security, and had to explain why his guitar contained the words "this plane will crash tomorrow".

Rings a bell now

With regards to the picture, it's astrange one. On the surface, it looks as it should, still. But if you imagine the scene, you know something big is happening, you know he's on his knees playing what looks like an epic sounding piece because of his position on the fretboard, we're talking high. The colours are fantastic it must be said, reminds me of Yogi's shots a few posts earlier. just enough lightiing to convey the scene.
  9. Originally posted by iTim:Aidan, I'm a sucker for the glow of a sunset, night city lights and fine weather. Your gallery is full of them, photos I'd happily display around my own home

I'm in the process of uploading some more that I took a while ago, mainly from around my garden

Somebody told me once that your pics are a registration of your soul and of how people see things. I'm a optimistic guy and I have that feeling that things are always be positive, so I guess is why I take those shots.

And as I can see, you also have a beautiul way to register your life Tim

Can't wait to see more stuff from you and all the guys here!

10. Thanks Scott

Bring your pics soon
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

You're right. I like to hear very relaxing music like this one when on a plane:

[html]<iframe width="420" height="55" src="[YouTube Video]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/html]

It just goes along so nicely with being on a plane and watching the clouds pass by...

Absolutely love this song!

As a pilot, the sound of a planes engine is like a symphony for me, but I also think there are some music that has to be listen while flying.

It's hard to listen to some music while I'm piloting since I have to listen to the air traffic control, but sometimes I'm able to put a phone in one ear and this song will certainly be on my playlist.

Also, I love to listen to some U2 and some Coldplay songs while in the sky. Some nice electronic chill-out songs are in my playlist too.

Finally, I already said this to Tim, but I have to share this though with you. That plane picture is just lovely! Tim captured the spirit of flying picture there...Something calm, blue, deep and soft...No words to describe it