1. I'm going to see it Friday, I am a HUGE fan of Star Wars.
  2. Originally posted by jasvan:I'm taking my 11 year old out of school Friday for a few hours to see 10am show.
    I totally expect it to be great in every way and can't wait to enjoy it with him.

I was five when I first saw Star Wars. My son is five. It has to happen. However....

Knowing my boy, he won't be able to sit through it all and then he'll want to leave...or go get candy...or look at all the video games in the lobby....and then I might lose my shit because I just want to sit and watch the movie.

I might not be the best dad on the planet.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I was five when I first saw Star Wars. My son is five. It has to happen. However....

Knowing my boy, he won't be able to sit through it all and then he'll want to leave...or go get candy...or look at all the video games in the lobby....and then I might lose my shit because I just want to sit and watch the movie.

I might not be the best dad on the planet.
    Go watch it on your own first, then go again with him
  4. Seems like the smart thing to do. Maybe I'll sneak off to a late night showing on my own this weekend after the clan has gone to sleep.
  5. Tonight
  6. Saw it last night...
    Definitely a 6-star movie
    Hors catégorie... of another world...
  7. Also saw it last night and I really enjoyed it.
  8. Star Wars' SOI

It has everything there, the traditional Larry's drum beats, the heavy Adam's bass, and so on.

It's a back to the basics no nonsense coming back on track hopefully as the first one in a new era after a not very welcomed trilogy (despite a couple of successes in ATYCLB and HTDAAB).

Yeah, probably not as great as the big classic albums, but it can hold up on its own.
    Yeah, probably it doesn't have some legendary highlights, but still it doesn't have any glaring faults.
    Yeah, probably there's nothing ground breaking in there, but still manages to not be dull.
    And the overall performance is way better than the most recent attempts.

All in all, a great album/movie.

Mild (?) spoilers ahead:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    It works great as a mirror of ANH, the atmosphere fits with the original trilogy, the dialogues and relationship between Finn and Ray are very Han-Leia and it succeeds in doing so.

The humor throughout the movie is not excessive/silly like in some other Disney movies (i.e. every single MARVEL movie) which was one of my concerns, but is not dry as the prequels either, so again, it fits well with the OT. I really enjoyed that.

Kylo Ren removing his helmet was great. And Finn as well. We don't get the human side of these kind of characters, siths and stormtroopers, so that was a great addition to the series. On that same line, imho getting a conflicted and still weak sith apprentice instead of a fully developed badass sith was a great move.

And following with the stormtroopers, they continue the evolution from the robot minded well oiled machine of clones that they were in the prequels, to the still heavily disciplined but very flawed troopers in the OT, to these a lot more human individuals soldiers, who yes they are still brain washed, still disciplined, still mob, but now at least they get called by their own code name, they show a bit more personality, they even dare to realize is not a good idea to go to the mad sith office when he's yelling and destroying things.

I need to watch it again, I'll try to focus on how "good" this one is as a standalone movie, and how much of the "good" was because well, it's star wars.

Another note: I liked how the image of the movie is focused on the "STAR WARS" part and not on the "EPISODE VII"
  9. Wow, just saw the movie. AMAZING! Can't wait for the next one!

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    R.I.P. Han Solo
  10. Unfortunately some asshole spoiled the biggest spoiler
  11. How am I going to avoid all of the spoilers of this thing over the next few days?!? (BTW: A sincere thanks to those of you who have posted here for not "spoiling" anything. I am sure it's difficult to not find a place to go hog wild and discuss everything).