1. What is so bad about that album, I think Kite, In A Little while, Walk On, Peace On Earth, are amazing songs.

Each to their own.
  2. I don't know, it's my favourite album...
  3. Some decent songs but they just don't gel as an album. It's just a collection of songs (some of which are the worst the band has ever written). The album has no narrative or identity for me to connect with.
  4. I'm not sure if it's on the album CD or not but I also like The Ground Beneath Her Feet
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Some decent songs but they just don't gel as an album. It's just a collection of songs (some of which are the worst the band has ever written). The album has no narrative or identity for me to connect with.
    I actually have the opposite feeling I think the songs work great together. Im not saying there's a narrative as such but it flows really well for me. Also grace seems to get quite a bad name but I think it's at worst a decent song and slots in perfectly between New York and ground beneath her feet. Just my opinion though, I would be bias because it's one of my favourite albums certainly my favourite u2 album since Zooropa which is on a par with it I feel as joint 3rd best .
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I actually have the opposite feeling I think the songs work great together. Im not saying there's a narrative as such but it flows really well for me. Also grace seems to get quite a bad name but I think it's at worst a decent song and slots in perfectly between New York and ground beneath her feet. Just my opinion though, I would be bias because it's one of my favourite albums certainly my favourite u2 album since Zooropa which is on a par with it I feel as joint 3rd best .
    I'd rank Zooropa as my number 1. As a collection of individual songs it isn't much but it just flows so well and is a brilliant catalogue of where the band were at that during their absolute golden age during ZooTV.

Leave behind to me was just an attempt to get back to basics with some radio friendly pop to rid themselves of the hangover of 1997. To that end it was a massive success but it also marked the end of any real creativity from which I don't think they have ever recovered.
  7. For me Stay, is the only song on Zooropa that doesn't fit, it doesn't sound anything like the rest of the album. That's just my opinion ,of course
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I'd rank Zooropa as my number 1. As a collection of individual songs it isn't much but it just flows so well and is a brilliant catalogue of where the band were at that during their absolute golden age during ZooTV.

Leave behind to me was just an attempt to get back to basics with some radio friendly pop to rid themselves of the hangover of 1997. To that end it was a massive success but it also marked the end of any real creativity from which I don't think they have ever recovered.
    Zooropa is an amazing album, certainly one of the most underrated for me. I agree with everything your saying about ATYCLB, it definitely isn't a particularly creative album but i don't see that as a bad thing. I think a simple album can be good or in this case in my eyes great. Walk On, stuck in a moment, kite are all songs that I feel are easy to relate to. They're songs that reach for emotions whereas Zooropa or my favourite Achtung Baby are just musically genius. I like having that variety with u2, where songs like the fly and walk On and can be on the same setlist.