Zooropa
    SOI
    Pop
    War
    NLOTH
    UF
    October
    Boy

4. Not sure if I've ever contributed to this topic, but I think now it's time (this was incredibly difficult)

Achtung Baby
    Joshua Tree
    Pop
    Unforgettable Fire
    Zooropa
    War
    Boy
    All That You Can't Leave Behind
    How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    Songs of Innocence
    Passengers
    Rattle and Hum
    October
    No Line on the Horizon

It's funny, if Rattle and Hum wasn't packed with meh live performances (including their WORST performance of Watchtower) - it'd be higher on the list because the original songs on it are all fantastic (with the exception of Love Rescue Me). Same goes for NLOTH. Take out the shitty, radio-attempt tracks and you have a much better album.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Not sure if I've ever contributed to this topic, but I think now it's time (this was incredibly difficult)

Achtung Baby
    Joshua Tree
    Pop
    Unforgettable Fire
    Zooropa
    War
    Boy
    All That You Can't Leave Behind
    How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    Songs of Innocence
    Passengers
    Rattle and Hum
    October
    No Line on the Horizon

It's funny, if Rattle and Hum wasn't packed with meh live performances (including their WORST performance of Watchtower) - it'd be higher on the list because the original songs on it are all fantastic (with the exception of Love Rescue Me). Same goes for NLOTH. Take out the shitty, radio-attempt tracks and you have a much better album.
    I have my playlist of "Alternative Albums" in my ipod where R&H is without the live tracks + Slow Dancing, Pop is with the Please single version and NLOTH is without GOYB, Crazy Tonight and SUC but with Soon and Winter (and a different track order). Those 3 albums are soooo good after that.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I have my playlist of "Alternative Albums" in my ipod where R&H is without the live tracks + Slow Dancing, Pop is with the Please single version and NLOTH is without GOYB, Crazy Tonight and SUC but with Soon and Winter (and a different track order). Those 3 albums are soooo good after that.
    I should definitely give this a shot. I'd probably even remove and add the exact same tracks too haha.
  7. Well it's been a while since the last time I was here, but new tunes made me to listen to U2 again.

Here's how I rank the albums right now:

1. Achtung Baby
    2. Pop
    3. Songs Of Innocence
    4. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
    5. The Joshua Tree
    6. Zooropa
    7. Rattle And Hum
    8. The Unforgettable Fire
    9. Boy
    10. No Line On The Horizon
    11. All That You Can't Leave Behind
    12. October
    13. War
  8. The more I think about it, the harder it is to rank. Every album has such great qualities. For much of my time as a U2 fan, Rattle and Hum was dead last among the albums but when I think about the nine studio tracks on it, they're ALL great (except Angel of Harlem, for me) and a couple (Hawkmoon, Heartland) are easily among the strongest U2 songs. Then, it comes to emotional attachment too... Atomic Bomb isn't objectively better than The Joshua Tree but I have a stronger connection to it, much as I love TJT, especially after experiencing it live. That's why Achtung Baby is fallen from #1 for me, replaced by SOI. AB is U2's 'perfect album' no doubt. I'd say it's probably the best record ever made. But... I have a stronger emotional connection to SOI. And as it turns out, I realise I listen to Pop quite a bit more than AB. It's probably tied for second now.

There's just so many different aspects to each record, it makes me feel unfair ranking them, especially when ATYCLB and October end up as the bottom two. Those are both brilliant records! They don't deserve last plae.. Argh!
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    To this day I will not understand why the album opener wasn't Breathe for NLOTH. I think it would be such a strong open to an album.
  10. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    To this day I will not understand why the album opener wasn't Breathe for NLOTH. I think it would be such a strong open to an album.
    +1 worked as 360 opener, so indeed your right
  11. Maybe by the time the tour began they wish they had gone with Breathe as the opener to the album. I'm guessing they could have moved MOS to second last as well, I would have said last but I can't really imagine anything following COL.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Maybe by the time the tour began they wish they had gone with Breathe as the opener to the album. I'm guessing they could have moved MOS to second last as well, I would have said last but I can't really imagine anything following COL.
    yeah i always felt that MOS was way out of place, every time i listen to the album i wish it was the last song. weird how breath used to open the show than MOS became the closer.