1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I strongly prefer the William orbit one but even so with the live version the bits I’m talking about weren’t included on either version in terms of Edge’s playing, he was doing some kind of solo thing over Bono singing which just didn’t sound right. He would have been better at they bits just to strum the chords.
    I love the intro guitar riff and even the second guitar is more rocking on the original version. But each to their own I guess
  2. Orbit is a great producer. They should have worked more with him.
  3. He and Guy Oseary have done well together
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I strongly prefer the William orbit one but even so with the live version the bits I’m talking about weren’t included on either version in terms of Edge’s playing, he was doing some kind of solo thing over Bono singing which just didn’t sound right. He would have been better at they bits just to strum the chords.

I agree- I'd also argue that the treatment Ultraviolet got from 360 on sounds the same, just not quite right- the part at "there is a silence they comes to a house," etc. Those guitar notes just sound not that great to me. To each their own though 🍷🍷🍷
  5. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]

I agree- I'd also argue that the treatment Ultraviolet got from 360 on sounds the same, just not quite right- the part at "there is a silence they comes to a house," etc. Those guitar notes just sound not that great to me. To each their own though 🍷🍷🍷
    The performance of Ultraviolent on 360 tour was awesome !!
  6. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]

I concur. Just slightly overdone.
  7. Electrical Storm is unfortunately a good example of a certain laziness of U2 in knowing and being able to play a good song live. Unfortunately this applies to a large number of U2 songs. Which I find very unfortunate.
  8. the best live version I think is from Milan

9. Ah I remember that night. A nice surprise, well sung by Bono - but I remember my friend and me looking at each other when the chorus started as it sounded quite strange and, to my ears, wrong. I honestly thought that Bono was the one being off on guitar that night, but he wasn't wrong of course.
    Nowadays I don't mind Edge's part anymore, got used to it. Great live version nonetheless and a nice memory of two fantastic nights in Milan in 2009.
  10. Was good to see this song see the light of day live.. but yeah Edge's pre-chorus parts in this arrangement and that tone in the background during the chorus weren't my favorite. Reminds me of the changes Edge made to UV, but that's a whole other discussion lol. Still cool to see live