1. Everyone says so. I haven't seen a chapter but all this raving about the finale made me want to watch it all.
  2. Perfection. I can't think of anything that wasn't tied up in the end. Needs a rewatch.
  3. I'm glad all the loose ends got tied up, but it was a little safe and unrealistic to me in some ways.

It's hard for me to shit on my favorite show, and I can't say I'm upset by any means - but there were easily much better finales to prior seasons.

4/5 for the episode. 5/5 for the series.
  4. Unrealistic you say?
  5. Yeah, I wouldn't say it was unrealistic. I struggled to find another way to end it better than it did.
  6. No less realistic than train heists or giant magnets to destroy laptops.
  7. I guess not "unrealistic" and more like "well that worked out pretty flawlessly for you". Allow me to explain:

1. Walt is within feet of the police inside a car that he can't start. The police inexplicably leave and the keys are conveniently located in the visor of the car.

2. Walt knows where to find Skinny Pete and Badger and gets their help without explanation to us (though both characters were close with Jesse, who Walt has driven out of Albuquerque as far as they know. He could be dead and they would have no idea.)

3. Walt is completely unrecognized in broad daylight in the coffee shop where he meets Lydia and Todd.

4. Walt is also not picked up when he appears at Skylar's house even after there are rumors circulating town that he's back. This is the first place the DEA would arrive with a small military to take him down.

5. We get thrown a small bone when two agents are sitting in a car as Walt watches Jr. get home, but all it takes is hiding on the other side of a house and he is once again off without a hitch, nobody recognizing the drug kingpin that is famous across the nation.

6. Jack is unrealistically upset about Walt calling Jesse his partner. Two things, here: Walt should have gotten a pop to the head the second he walked in without any reserve from Jack. If you can bite the bullet and suspend your disbelief on that matter, then it should still shock you that Jack cares so much about Walt calling Jesse & Jack "partners" that he goes through the trouble of standing Jesse in front of Walt for virtually no reason only moments before he plans to kill him. This plot device solely exists to let Walt save Jesse and kill everyone else.

Like Ger has just said as I'm typing this, it's not necessarily any less realistic than virtually anything else on the show. It was just a lot of convenient coincidences packed into one hour of TV, for a show that typically leaves your jaw on the floor.

8. Just watched it and....wow. Really the best TV drama I ever saw. By far. An I saw LOTS of them.
  9. There was no other way. It's drama so naturally they can do what they want to tie things up. How poor would it have been if the cops hit on Walt's car 45 seconds into the episode and arrested him? Or if Jacks men popped him in an instant? Drama.
  10. It was the only ending I think. I called Walt wanting to bail Jessie out an episode or 2 ago so was glad to see that come to fruition.
  11. I agree with the article in that this didn't quite feel like a Breaking Bad episode but I could put that down to preconceptions of knowing it was to be the absolute final episode.