1. Good point, I forgot they’d played Rotterdam after the point depot. Is it really a better version at Rotterdam? What’s different about it? I can’t remember, I’ve not listened to a love town show that wasn’t one of the point depot nights for a long time.
  2. I just wish they used Croke 87 with Adam's err, solo.
  3. Following the trend for RSD 40th anniversary releases, 11 o clock, fire, now Gloria I wonder if they will release ‘ a celebration’ as that will be reach the 40 year milestone next March
  4. Looks like it
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Good point, I forgot they’d played Rotterdam after the point depot. Is it really a better version at Rotterdam? What’s different about it? I can’t remember, I’ve not listened to a love town show that wasn’t one of the point depot nights for a long time.
    The Rotterdam gigs are among the best they've ever played if you ask me.

But I was just being nitpicky about the 90's statement, since the New Year's Eve gig is commonly referred to as 1989-12-31 (and not 1990-01-01) so it can be argued that they didn't choose the best Gloria version from the proper 90s
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The Rotterdam gigs are among the best they've ever played if you ask me.

But I was just being nitpicky about the 90's statement, since the New Year's Eve gig is commonly referred to as 1989-12-31 (and not 1990-01-01) so it can be argued that they didn't choose the best Gloria version from the proper 90s
    Ah ok, I wasn’t sure if you were saying the Rotterdam version was much better but I get you now, and I did overlook the fact they played it at Rotterdam so it was a good mention in that respect from my own point of view. Would have preferred it from the Rotterdam show tbh just to have another unreleased version.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Ah ok, I wasn’t sure if you were saying the Rotterdam version was much better but I get you now, and I did overlook the fact they played it at Rotterdam so it was a good mention in that respect from my own point of view. Would have preferred it from the Rotterdam show tbh just to have another unreleased version.
    Yeah me too. One of my everlasting U2 wet dreams is a full audio/video release of the last Lovetown show, I genuinely think it's one of their best 10 shows ever. So much passion, they knew it was their last outing before going away for a good while and they made sure that, it was to be their last gig ever, it was a worthy one.
  8. Bump for Gloria
  9. Definitely one I want to get!
  10. Yeah, hope to buy this great release tomorrow.
  11. Very expensive compared to the previous RSD release...