Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. But the US had seats on the floor for PopMart. Not great IMO.
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Why were so many of the European Popmart shows in flat fields instead of stadiums? Or were they like natural amphitheaters where the stage was at the bottom of a hill? I would hate to be one of 150,000 people in a huddled mass not able to see anything except the screen.

Because in most stadiums, the screen couldn't fit
  3. I never understood the US for having all that floor seating at the gigs.
  4. not sure if that was the reason.. in the 90's Germany stil had those wide open stadiums including athletics courses.. it would have been no problem to fit the stage there.. but it probably was a lot easier to build the stage on a large field.. apart from that I don't know exactly why they choose fields over stadiums for those German, Austrian and Italian dates..
  5. Cheaper?
  6. JT was wider and I think just as high as PopMart on average.. so I would say JT was a little bigger. That's also what wikipedia says btw
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    JT was wider and I think just as high as PopMart on average.. so I would say JT was a little bigger. That's also what wikipedia says btw
    According to the official Guinness Book of Records record the Popmart screen was 29 square meters/317 square feet bigger. Popmart measured 16,7x51,8m (54,8x170ft) in size.

JT screen measured 61x14m (200x45ft).
  8. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    According to the official Guinness Book of Records record the Popmart screen was 29 square meters/317 square feet bigger. Popmart measured 16,7x51,8m (54,8x170ft) in size.

Is it still the largest screen ever? I'm assuming it's not.
  9. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

according to wikipedia size ranged between 150–170 feet (46–52 metres) wide and 50–56 feet (15–17 metres) tall.. that corresponds with your numbers, but as we all can see the PopMart screen is not arectangular..

10. The company who made the screen posted this last year.

Montreal Pro-Shot? Interesting...