Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. 360 was way way better than Popmart, no contest
  2. Popmart varied night by night depending on whether or not Bono's voice decided to show up. Yeah there were some good moments like Sarajevo, MOTD, etc. Loved a lot of the Pop tunes live, but overall I'd still go with 360. Elevation and Vertigo were great eras and tours too, IMHO, and I would probably put those over Popmart as well.
  3. 😂😂😂😂😂. Must be blind and deaf.
  4. Maybe i'd rather be than watching an ageing band trying so hard to appeal to the younger audience by embracing "dance",performing around big lemons,Bono with his umbrella and sucking a thumb while coming out with cringe like mother sucking rock n roll.
    Flopmart v highest grossing tour 2011-2019?
    But hey maybe you're the kind of guy who enjoys 4 blokes heading into their 40's dressing up as village people prancing around neon lights.

5. 25 years since my first U2 gig......seems like yesterday.
  6. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Maybe i'd rather be than watching an ageing band trying so hard to appeal to the younger audience by embracing "dance",performing around big lemons,Bono with his umbrella and sucking a thumb while coming out with cringe like mother sucking rock n roll.
    But hey maybe you're the kind of guy who enjoys 4 blokes heading into their 40's dressing up as village people prancing around neon lights.
    "Aging band?" In 1997 they were late 30's, and excuse the phrase, but still relevant, and still had 2 multi platinum mega selling albums in their future. For 360, they were approaching 50, and touring behind an album they did not believe in, and worse as for "ebracing dance music?" They take I'll Go Crazy, and decide to remix it into sounding like a bad Pop outtake, and most of the fans on this site ate it up like they had just reinvented the dance genre. To me, they just took a middle of the road album track and made it worse. I prefer it the way it was. And yes I'll take 90's U2 over anything after. 80's U2 might be better on some days, but 90's U2 had them taking huge risks they never ever would take again. They have been playing it safe ever since. Not to say it resulted in bad albums, but SOI is really looking guilty.
  7. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    "Aging band?" In 1997 they were late 30's, and excuse the phrase, but still relevant, and still had 2 multi platinum mega selling albums in their future. For 360, they were approaching 50, and touring behind an album they did not believe in, and worse as for "ebracing dance music?" They take I'll Go Crazy, and decide to remix it into sounding like a bad Pop outtake, and most of the fans on this site ate it up like they had just reinvented the dance genre. To me, they just took a middle of the road album track and made it worse. I prefer it the way it was. And yes I'll take 90's U2 over anything after. 80's U2 might be better on some days, but 90's U2 had them taking huge risks they never ever would take again. They have been playing it safe ever since. Not to say it resulted in bad albums, but SOI is really looking guilty.
    for me pop was like that: if you don't know what you're doing, then it must be art
  8. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Maybe i'd rather be than watching an ageing band trying so hard to appeal to the younger audience by embracing "dance",performing around big lemons,Bono with his umbrella and sucking a thumb while coming out with cringe like mother sucking rock n roll.
    Ever heard of Melon? They were embracing "dance" long before Pop LOL.. try 1990-1991, when they were "aging" in their early thirties..or look back to the God Part 2 and Desire remixes
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    But were they only relevant because of past glories? Pop,it seems did them alot of damage as far as being the BEST band in the world,going into it they were still the biggest,after the brilliance of Zoo TV it seems they believed their own hype too much and thought any kind of foray into experimental music would be hugely successful,the album itself had some quality moments but the tour seemed to be based around a visual spectacle rather than the music,I was 20 at the time and all my mates suddenly thought U2 were naff,a couple of years after raving just how amazing Zoo TV was.You mention the multi platinum albums in their future but this was because of a move away from the Pop direction,Pop mk II in 2000 would've finished them.