Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. And Vancouver too. Both are on (bad quality) video

2. Listening through a U2 boot for the first time in...probably years. Figured I'd do the KC show from PopMart, since I haven't really dug in to any of U2's Kansas City history since I've lived here.

Cracking up at them completely fucking up the 747 intro to Mofo. Crowd still goes nuts. Love this band.
  3. Wow, IWF completely falls apart too. Larry actually ends the song at one point and then has to start drumming again.

Only the 10th show of the tour, but still lol

Why were they this bad at the beginning of the tour?
  4. Originally posted by MattG:Wow, IWF completely falls apart too. Larry actually ends the song at one point and then has to start drumming again.

Only the 10th show of the tour, but still lol

Why were they this bad at the beginning of the tour?
    Had never heard that performance.. kind of reminds me of IGC from the JT tour where they would end it then build it up again. But wow, those early Popmart shows were wild

Edge's notes at the abrupt ending kinda sound like they were ending it- or maybe he was just watching Larry and picked up on him ending too early??
  5. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Had never heard that performance.. kind of reminds me of IGC from the JT tour where they would end it then build it up again. But wow, those early Popmart shows were wild

Edge's notes at the abrupt ending kinda sound like they were ending it- or maybe he was just watching Larry and picked up on him ending too early??
    Yeah that sounds like exactly what happened, but then Bono kept singing so they pick it back up
  6. If it was a mess-up, all in all it didn't sound that bad!
  7. Originally posted by MattG:[YouTube Video]

Listening through a U2 boot for the first time in...probably years. Figured I'd do the KC show from PopMart, since I haven't really dug in to any of U2's Kansas City history since I've lived here.

Cracking up at them completely fucking up the 747 intro to Mofo. Crowd still goes nuts. Love this band.
    Hahaha some of these early Popmart shows are absolute shambles, so funny to listen to.
  8. Originally posted by MattG:[YouTube Video]

Listening through a U2 boot for the first time in...probably years. Figured I'd do the KC show from PopMart, since I haven't really dug in to any of U2's Kansas City history since I've lived here.

The May 97 shows have a special charm I really like. I know it's rough sometimes, but I like them experimenting with the setlist and changing ways songs are played out.
  9. Pittsburgh is decent…MoFO start like it did in the later gigs but still has the cool drumming and is the extended version. There’s a great sounding boot available