Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. BAD was only played a few times on the tour but was a real highlight.
  2. The tempo is much slower than how they normally play it ,they should have played it more on that tour also The Fly would have worked well with that huge screen.
  3. The big Popmart disappointment for me was the band gave up on Do You Feel Loved. It was dropped a few shows before I saw them in KC. I saw the tour a month later in LA and I was hoping they would take another run at DYFL. Nope. However, the show was a lot more tighter than in KC. And Bono and Edge did a great rendition of All I Want Is You on the spot.

4. Hahaha yes sure
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    The tempo is much slower than how they normally play it ,they should have played it more on that tour also The Fly would have worked well with that huge screen.
    Agreed.

I'll probably get slapped for this, but I actually think I Will Follow is a MAJOR wrinkle in the Popmart setlist, to me it always feels like "what is this song doing here?"

The Fly would've played a lot better there to my ears and eyes, but I wonder if since Bono wasn't playing "the fly" anymore, they felt weird playing it or something.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Agreed.

I'll probably get slapped for this, but I actually think I Will Follow is a MAJOR wrinkle in the Popmart setlist, to me it always feels like "what is this song doing here?"

The Fly would've played a lot better there to my ears and eyes, but I wonder if since Bono wasn't playing "the fly" anymore, they felt weird playing it or something.
    I think you are right on about The Fly. I remember thinking about that when I was at a PopMart show and how Bono seemed to really want to change his character and not play that song. I'm glad that by the Elevation Tour they were past the character attachment to that song.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Agreed.

My "guess" is I Will Follow followed Mofo due to the mother theme. Plus, it was rarely played for about 9 years until Popmart and they probably thought they were hitting us with a fast paced oldie that hadnt been done in awhile right after a new song. It went down fine in person for me.
  8. In the 2 shows I saw, IWF REALLY fired up the crowd
  9. Originally posted by salty72:The big Popmart disappointment for me was the band gave up on Do You Feel Loved. It was dropped a few shows before I saw them in KC. I saw the tour a month later in LA and I was hoping they would take another run at DYFL. Nope. However, the show was a lot more tighter than in KC. And Bono and Edge did a great rendition of All I Want Is You on the spot.
    DYFL was one of the best songs on the album IMO they should have stuck with it as they gave up on it after only 5 shows ,at that point they were struggling with most of the Pop songs and started panicking it took them nearly 2 months to nail most of them, the band never let that happen again and for subsequent tours they were better prepared .
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Agreed.

IWF was played during ZOO TV 10 times. 1 in 1992 and 9 in 1993. It was rare but it was played there. I love the transition. From new U2 fan to an older fan.