Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. remember saw these clips back in 2000

2. It all started 24 years ago today with that under rehearsed opener in Las Vegas,not my favourite tour but one I still enjoy,but cmon a quarter of a century old already?
    I can still remember buying the cd singles off Pop like it was yesterday.
  3. I had never seen this pic of Ohio '97. That's around 50% of the stadium seats unsold... Surreal. I bet Paul McGuinness wasn't happy that night

4. That is one of the largest stadiums in the US. It holds over 100,000 in the seats for a game. Add the bodies from field and it wasn’t that bad for 97. I think around 44,000
  5. Stones only got 60,000 the next year in the same place
  6. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    That is one of the largest stadiums in the US. It holds over 100,000 in the seats for a game. Add the bodies from field and it wasn’t that bad for 97. I think around 44,000
    Attendance : 43 000/50 000
    According to the Wikipédia source
  7. Listing a 50.000 capacity for a stadium that holds 102.000 is a bit on the cheeky side
  8. That's 50% more than U2, and promoting one of their worst albums ever
  9. The picture was not taken during the concert. In the video (https://u2start.com/shows/1078#!video) you can see it is dark at the beginning. If you look closer there are a lot of people waiting at the entrances.
  10. I was at that Columbus concert. It had 44,000 people in attendance, which makes it one of the better attended Popmart US shows. The stadium is enormous. But it’s more than that. The stadium doesn’t have seats, it has benches with numbered spots. You basically have a very small area to put your ass, and that’s your seat. So they are cramming more people into a row than a stadium with seats would. Case in point, U2 played to roughly the same amount of people in Detroit 2017, but the stadium was full. I have been to a few football games at Ohio Stadium, and it’s kind of miserable having that many people packed in so close.
  11. A lot of gigs at the Ohio stadium around that time and before did a lot better than the u2 attendance so it was a poor showing. Although since then Metallica have sold less, Beyoncé/Jay Z sold less and One Direction have also sold less. But it’s had as much as 75k in attendance for pink Floyd in 1994 which is a massive difference to 43k.