1. I have a question. If the PA stream is wireless why has no one ever tried to tape that to get a broadcast quality soundboard?
  2. Because it is not wireless. All (or at least some) sound input goes to the mixing desk wireless and then goes via cables to the PA.
  3. I do IEM RECORDINGS and not so easy. Plus, if going into a venue , there is quite a bit to carry in. But if you want , purchase 3 receivers. Sennheiser makes a mice one. I find the ek300 g2 series easy to use. But A,B, and G band receivers. U2 use a lot of A but when I did Bonnaroo it was B ...?
    Best thing is to get there around their sound check outside the building and scan for signals and feeds that way you are set and do not have to scan inside the venue. Luckily, before I show you t Best thing is to get there around their sound check outside the building and scan for signals and feeds that way you are set and do not have to skin inside the venue. Luckily, before The shows u2 do a long instrument checkSo you can pick up something most likely.

There’s so much more to it and it is very difficult like they say. The payoffs are great. With these recordings it’s still nice to have a great audience recording so you can matrix these to make them sound even better. Good luck in your venture it’s a fun hobby and you will fail initially but when you get that great recording it makes it worthwhile.
  4. Originally posted by kip999:I do IEM RECORDINGS and not so easy. Plus, if going into a venue , there is quite a bit to carry in. But if you want , purchase 3 receivers. Sennheiser makes a mice one. I find the ek300 g2 series easy to use. But A,B, and G band receivers. U2 use a lot of A but when I did Bonnaroo it was B ...?
    Best thing is to get there around their sound check outside the building and scan for signals and feeds that way you are set and do not have to scan inside the venue. Luckily, before I show you t Best thing is to get there around their sound check outside the building and scan for signals and feeds that way you are set and do not have to skin inside the venue. Luckily, before The shows u2 do a long instrument checkSo you can pick up something most likely.

There’s so much more to it and it is very difficult like they say. The payoffs are great. With these recordings it’s still nice to have a great audience recording so you can matrix these to make them sound even better. Good luck in your venture it’s a fun hobby and you will fail initially but when you get that great recording it makes it worthwhile.
    Were you in Amsterdam this week (please)?
  5. No, I am in the states .