1. I have tickets. But I have to work to get a day off next week for a big bike ride.
  2. I saw them last Friday, they are evolving no doubt buuuut theyre still awesome.
  3. Any particular moment to share with us?

4. Some vids and pics that will get uploaded in the upcoming days. Also, it was Sam's (main guitar) birthday so we sang Happy Birthday to him. It was pretty special Alex (singer) told us after playing Next Year that they would be coming to Spain again ehm, well, next year
  5. Really nice! And I'll be waiting for the pics/vids then
  6. Just started listening to them. I can't quite explain why, but I really like their style.

7. Yep What have you listened to already?
  8. I've currently listened to Beacon and Tourist history after I saw them do an acoustic set after The Killers were televised on "Live From The Artist's Den."
  9. saw them for the first time at T in the Park a few weeks ago, was plesantly surprised felt like i could here a very distinct Edge (u2) sound in their music, my daughter loves them, now i can see why. will deffo be wanting to see them again
  10. Yes, they definitely have some slight U2 influences, I recall Sam (lead guitarist) saying that Edge has been a huge influence in his sound and style, as well as Bloc Party and MGMT.

Alex, I though you had listened to selected songs, not full albums. Well done Tourist History is an amazing debut and what I like the most about it are the least known songs (Eat That Up, Come Back Home, You're Not Stubborn) as well as the bonus tracks (Costume Party and Kids).
    When I met them last year I told them that I liked those least known songs the best, above the big hits (I Can Talk, What You Know, Something Good Can Work, etc), and they were surprised. They told me that they prefered to play the well known songs because they like the audiences to go mad, but they thanked me for loving the least known songs too!
  11. Yeah as soon as I heard them perform, I definitely felt that they had some U2-ish characteristics, especially the guitar work. Youtube was great for listening to those full albums. After hearing them I had to pick them up. Tourist History is a stunning debut album. I really like the way their songs flow. It's a really fun album to listen to. I was a bit surprised to hear that the main criticism of Beacon was that it was essentially the same as Tourist History from a stylistic standpoint. While this is technically true, Beacon feels much more polished than Tourist History. They took something they liked and did it even better. That's why Beacon has quickly become one of my favorites albums. It seems the flavor of the month for me has been high energy, almost playful albums and Beacon is definitely one of those.
  12. I don't like Beacon as much, I prefer the raw, indie energy that's more present on Tourist History. The crescendos, the quick lyrics, etc. I also can't see the point in that critic against Beacon, a) they're the same band and it's not like they needed a change after 5 albums, just their 2nd one... and b) they're not even similar! Beacon is slower and more polished, feels really different.
    Anyway they're both excellent albums and I can't only wait for their 3rd!!