1. I really like Beacon synthetizers and lyrics, but I can't say it is the better album. Both sound great to me.
  2. My best friend is living in Houston now and last night she remembered me and said that Two Door Cinema Club played there yesterday. I wish I was there!
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:I don't like Beacon as much, I prefer the raw, indie energy that's more present on Tourist History. The crescendos, the quick lyrics, etc. I also can't see the point in that critic against Beacon, a) they're the same band and it's not like they needed a change after 5 albums, just their 2nd one... and b) they're not even similar! Beacon is slower and more polished, feels really different.
    Anyway they're both excellent albums and I can't only wait for their 3rd!!

They will fail at the third album. It happens with loads of indie bands – it's called the third album curse. I think that's when a certain amount of their audience will drift away from them. It happened to Franz Ferdinand, it sort of happened to Arctic Monkeys but they redeemed themselves, and it happened to the likes of Kaiser Chiefs and The Pigeon Detectives.

When I saw them live back in April, I was slightly disappointed. Everyone hyped up their live show to be something wonderful but it really wasn't. They were just a standard live band who came on, played 18 songs and left again. There was a lack of charisma. The audience were also dreadful. Full of 14-year-old kids, probably their first show, acting like twats jumping about and trying to shove others.

Tourist History was a fantastic debut album – probably one of the best debut albums of the last five years. However, I found Beacon just a slowed down version of their sound on Tourist History. They tried to make it different but it just didn't happen.
  4. I can agree with the last statement, that's basically what I think of Beacon.

Nevertheless, I think they are a good live act, they put on a very good show. They might not be Pearl Jam or Muse, but I think they know how to do their stuff. Maybe it's different for you being in the UK, where they play a lot more than here, but both times I've seen them in Spain, both times they've been delighted with the audience and the audience has been delighted with them. Maybe they suffer a little bit too much of shoegazing-syndrome but I think that will gradually disappear when they get used to play to big audiences.

PS. I really hope the 3rd album curse don't affect TDCC, it would be a shame.
  5. I'm in the US hahahaha.

But yeah I'm hoping they don't fall victim to that 3rd album curse.

6. And I was answering to Kieran, who is in the UK.
  7. My lads rocking Lollapalooza right now.

8. New song:

9. Produced by Madeon. You can cleary recognize his touch on the song if you know his music, and I like that

10. I had no idea who he was until I read Madeon's video comments on youtube but will investigate more about his music, because the work he has done with TDCC is fabulous. I love the new song!

11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeon

I really like electronic music and this guy has been doing a nice work...I'd love to see more of his touch in rock and pop music in general