1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    We talked about their supposed change in sound a couple of years back... I still don't buy it

http://www.u2start.com/topic/by-post/515765/

I have seen very few bands with a more uniform sound than The Gaslight Anthem. And I love their songs and their style, but saying they've gone through many sonic changes is like saying Larry Mullen has gone through radical look changes during the past 3 decades... As a guitar player myself, I can sit through most TGA songs I know (and they're a good bunch spanning from their first to their last album) with the same pickup and overdrive pedal, no changes whatsoever. Yeah, radical changes.
    Forgot to mention: many of them are even in the same key (standard C/Am or bluesy E)
  2. Well, I do think Get Hurt has some big differences from other albums. It's a much darker album. More in the lyrics than in the sound though.
  3. Well they are a punk band so don't be expecting any Jazz chords
  4. Although the Horrible Crowe's sound is different. I actually think Have mercy sounds like a Crowe's song

5. Soooo Sergio about those links....

If you can't do it it's fine, but it would still be very much appreciated
  6. Totally forgot about it dude! I actually got to cut the tracks but never got to upload them. I have them somewhere, I will get them up in the cloud sometime this evening, promised!
  7. In the meanwhile.......

Hello all!
    We wanted to let everyone know that we'll all be taking a break from The Gaslight Anthem after this next European tour in August. We're all going to do other projects and stay active in some way or another, both in and out of music, but we'd like to step away from the band until we decide what we'd like to do next.
    We'd like to recharge and take a step back until we have something we feel excited about rather than going right back to making a record just for the sake of making the next record. We all feel this is the best decision we can make and it feels like the right one for us.
    Thank you to everyone who came out and supported our band for the last eight years and we'll see you down the road!
    With love and respect,
    Brian, Benny, Alex and Alex.
  8. i'm totally not worried; they'll be back. i wouldn't read anything into it - they've been releasing records at a pacey rate and touring pretty much non-stop since Sink or Swim, it's only natural they'd want to reign it in for a while.
  9. the band of the Boss
  10. was super disappointed when I read this... but it may be good for them long term. I really didn't think that they liked their latest album at all. When I saw them on their last tour in Australia they only played 1 song off the new album.

This has got all the makings of a Brian Fallon solo career...
  11. Yep, I'm thining the same I hope Dan is right and we're wrong though.
  12. to be fair, TGA are one band that, to me anyway, are 95% about their frontman to begin with. he's the face, soul and voice of their entire act and so if they were to split up i'd be sad, but as long as i could continue to see Brian sing the songs live afterwards (solo or with another band) it wouldn't be the end of the world.