1. and it can't be different seeing this ..

and reading this ..

This album has changed my life ....

Listening to this record for the first time was almost a spiritual experience. As if someone turned on the light. Like an epiphany. I just stood there eyes and mouth wide open and thought: "What's that?". I immediately understood: "That is more than just music" and intuitively I felt "This is important. You have to listen very carefully to make sure you don't miss anything." Because before that I mainly listened - like all other kids in the early nineties - to Guns 'N' Roses and Skid Row. And with them you really didn't need to pay much attention to the lyrics. Although the older I become the more I realise how misogynistic, sexist and racist 'Appetite For Destruction' really is. But of course when I was seven years old I did not know about these things. And today I couldn't care less about them. Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll is just a poor stereotype I have no use for. But the condensed anger and the working class attitude of The Clash remain to be awesome.
    Brian Fallon

2. and just knowing I'da Called You Woody, Joe is a tribute to the one and only Joe
  3. This is a band I've been meaning to check out for a while now. They're coming to town so I am now. I think I'm gonna end up angry at 18+ or something on Friday when thr tickets are released. Because the venue is often 18+.
  4. They announced some UK shows for March next year, and guess what? I MIGHT BE INTERVIEWING THEM! Nothing is concrete yet but I guess I'll know soon.

How exciting. I will probably get free tickets out of it which is great and I've wanted to see them for a long time now so it'll be a killer night.
  5. definitely gonna get tickets to one, if not both, of the manchester shows.
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:They announced some UK shows for March next year, and guess what? I MIGHT BE INTERVIEWING THEM! Nothing is concrete yet but I guess I'll know soon.

How exciting. I will probably get free tickets out of it which is great and I've wanted to see them for a long time now so it'll be a killer night.

+1 for the Madrid show that's probably happening in April-May (they told me when I met them outside the venue the other day). I will be interviewing them and taking photos at the photographers FOS reserved area if everything goes according to plan!
  7. ^ only just read your earlier post sergio, so jealous you met benny and alex!

8. Benny is probable the most friendly, chatty and funny international artist I've ever met. He looked like he didn't want to get into the bus at all, he spent like 20 minutes just chatting and fiddling around with us. Amazing guy. Alex was much more reserved but still a nice guy.

Brian, on the other hand, wore a heavy hoodie, cup and glasses and avoided meeting anyone. Moron haha
  9. i get that impression; alex seems the 'quiet' one, and from what i've seen/heard brian isn't coping so well with his newfound fame. he's not as chirpy and happy to talk - both to fans and in interviews - as he was a few years ago by all accounts.
  10. Originally posted by wangmaster:i get that impression; alex seems the 'quiet' one, and from what i've seen/heard brian isn't coping so well with his newfound fame. he's not as chirpy and happy to talk - both to fans and in interviews - as he was a few years ago by all accounts.

It's a shame because he's got loads of attitude and charisma while on stage. He was joking with the audience, even chatting with particular members (had a short chat with me regarding our funny Spanish accents when we speak English)... But all that just seems to vanish when he goes off stage.
  11. yeah i've noticed that too, he's a totally different personality on stage sometimes. maybe he'll calm down when he gets used to it?

on a plus note; bagged some tickets for Manchester next March!