1. so Reading was their last show before the hiatus; the whole thing's on iPlayer for you UK guys. sounding good!
  2. I guess when your bass player is your brother in law & you get divorced & write an album about it things get awkward !!
  3. Brian's announced a solo album is in the works... i'd imagine it'll be full of acoustic folky stuff like the b sides of the Here Comes My Man EP - should be something to look forward to!

...also, i dunno if this has been posted here before but i was watching some TGA videos and i'd totally forgotten about the snippet at the end of this, it brought a smile to my face!

4. Went to one of the solo shows the other night, it was phenomenal. Great to hear some of the Horrible Crows and Molly & The Zombies stuff. New songs were good too, as was this cover that I managed to tape:

5. Glad to hear very positive feedback about his solo show. Booked a ticket to see him in Glasgow in April, can't wait!

6. Brian is touring his second solo album (which is quite good, you should check it out if you haven’t yet) and closed his show last night in Glasgow and tonight in London with this cover - sorry for the crappy quality, was the only full video I could find so far!
  7. Originally posted by jmushouse:[YouTube Video]

Brian is touring his second solo album (which is quite good, you should check it out if you haven’t yet) and closed his show last night in Glasgow and tonight in London with this cover - sorry for the crappy quality, was the only full video I could find so far!
    Album is here since it came out ... but so far no interest listening to it. did not like the first one and everything the gaslight anthem did after 59'Sound was not mine either. Glad that I can say I've seen them in a little tiny venue just before they took off. We'll see what the 59' shows will bring this summer.
  8. Seeing Brian in Leeds & Dublin next month and The Gaslight Anthem doing 59 sound in Dublin in July. Can't wait !!
  9. Stay Vicious
    Drive
    Handwritten
    The Queen of Lower Chelsea
    -------
    Great Expectations
    The '59 Sound
    Old White Lincoln
    High Lonesome
    Film Noir
    Miles Davis and the Cool
    The Patient Ferris Wheel
    Casanova, Baby!
    Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
    Meet Me by the River's Edge
    Here's Looking at You, Kid
    The Backseat
    -------
    We Came to Dance
    Underneath the Ground
    Howl
    The Diamond Church Street Choir
    Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
    American Slang
    We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner

Now that's some anniversary album setlist! Impressive. I thought they'd end the shows with the complete 59' run since it ends with The Backseat and it's such a perfect closing song.