1. That kinda "proofs" that the prices aren't that ridiculous, don't it?

Not that I, at this point in time, would pay that much, but apparently enough people (still) do.

I would go for Lucky Dip anytime...
  2. It’s only a rip off if you bitch about it and pay anyway.
  3. Really only a rip off if you pay, show up, and don't get what you're expecting or think you deserve.

Paid out the ass to see the Stones some odd years ago...didn't feel good to do, would never pay so much to see them again, and yeah I thought they were expensive - but I certainly didn't get ripped off. Show is incredible.

You're also inviting yourself to experience a literal piece of rock n roll history. Everyone knows the Stones, yeah, but seeing them is another thing entirely. Everyone knows the Mona Lisa, but could you imagine getting the opportunity to see da Vinci paint it live?
  4. Some reality check: the Stones painted their masterpieces some 50-45 years ago

In 2003 I paid 350 euro to see them in L'Olympia, Paris. That was a unique experience and worth every cent of it, but I never had the feeling they were painting a masterpiece. There is a nice dvd of the show though...
  5. I’ve seen the stones once and managed to get a pair of £120 each face value tickets for £50 each just before the gig started. Was supposed to be seating at Hampden but we got on to the pitch with ease. Enjoyed the show and certainly worth the £50 but I don’t feel the need to see them again. u2 always play at least 6 songs from the album they’re promoting (with the exception of 360 tour) and the Rolling Stones have basically been playing greatest hits sets for years now. Not criticising them just makes me less interested in another show.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    Really only a rip off if you pay, show up, and don't get what you're expecting or think you deserve.

Paid out the ass to see the Stones some odd years ago...didn't feel good to do, would never pay so much to see them again, and yeah I thought they were expensive - but I certainly didn't get ripped off. Show is incredible.

You're also inviting yourself to experience a literal piece of rock n roll history. Everyone knows the Stones, yeah, but seeing them is another thing entirely. Everyone knows the Mona Lisa, but could you imagine getting the opportunity to see da Vinci paint it live?
    There is a fair value argument to have. I can only compare with U2 but I'd gladly skip a U2 show if it was going to cost more than £100 or so.
  7. i saw the Stones in Glasgow for £6.50 and they were worth every penny.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    There is a fair value argument to have. I can only compare with U2 but I'd gladly skip a U2 show if it was going to cost more than £100 or so.
    True, I agree - at which point I agree with what you said about it only really being a problem if you buy it and still complain.
  9. Yeah but that was before the Berlin Wall went up and Kennedy was prez.

10. There is no such thing as getting fleeced, just consumer stupidity. They have the right to set their own prices. You have the right to not purchase.
  11. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]

There is no such thing as getting fleeced, just consumer stupidity. They have the right to set their own prices. You have the right to not purchase.
    Exactly! I wanted to see Primal Scream in Glasgow in 2011 but it was £50 before fees. I went 'Fuck that, i'm not paying that!'.

I didn't pay that so didn't go!
  12. Lucky dip bagged for prague, £52.