1. Sad Sad Sad! He had a great life, though. Paint It Black is perhaps my favorite example of how simple playing is not quite as simple as it sounds. Great song, great drum part. Seen the Stones 3 times, 1989, 2005, 2015. I want to see them in Tampa this year, but it will be Mick, Keith And The Hired Hands. Obviously Ronnie Wood is not really a hired hand, but they treated him as such for eternity. But if your hired hands are Ron Wood, Daryl Jones, and Steve Jordan, you're one helluva band!
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:Sad Sad Sad! He had a great life, though. Paint It Black is perhaps my favorite example of how simple playing is not quite as simple as it sounds. Great song, great drum part. Seen the Stones 3 times, 1989, 2005, 2015. I want to see them in Tampa this year, but it will be Mick, Keith And The Hired Hands. Obviously Ronnie Wood is not really a hired hand, but they treated him as such for eternity. But if your hired hands are Ron Wood, Daryl Jones, and Steve Jordan, you're one helluva band!
    Ronnie Wood, the new guy?
  3. Well, he played on their last 10 albums of original material as the main rhythm guitarist with the occasional lead part. He played on two albums before those in a tiny role, which leaves 14 albums he did not play on at all. Obviously, he's an important part of the Stones now, but for a very long time, he was not an "Official Stone." He was a technical member since 1978, but only in 1990 was he made an "Official Stone."

His Stones biography:
    1962-1972 No involvement, was a friend of the band
    1973-1977 Recorded a few songs, slowly becoming a member
    1978-1989 A hired hand even though recognized as a member of the band
    1990-2021 Finally became an "Official Stone" getting a set percentage of the profits instead of just getting a hired hand paycheck.

I personally think his history matters, but I thought Mick Taylor was a little better than Wood, and a lot better than Brian Jones. So really, Jones, Taylor, and Wood form one super strong 2nd guitarist with neither being too dominant in their history.
  4. Ronnie joined in 1975?
  5. Originally posted by melon51:Read that the US tour is still going ahead (as was planned with a replacement drummer). That'd be weird, cause his style was kind of unique
    It is weird bit not surprising from a band who continued playing gigs 2 days after the tragic death of Brian Jones,It really is the Jagger/Richards show as I could never see them continuing if one of them died. I don't think anyone would have a problem If the Stones decided to split in the wake of Charlie's death I mean the guy was the backbone of the band and even Keith Richards said before there would be no Stones if Charlie left.
  6. Not the most brilliant dedicatory but still a nice touch. I'm sure there'll be a bigger tribute once the proer tour kicks off. Wouldn't be surprised if they sprinkle the show with graphic & musical references to Charlie.

7. Speech:

8. IORR is having a meltdown because no Brown Sugar.

Lmao

9. Hell ya. Boring Hounds Just finished.