1. Are you waiting on a sacrifice? I'm prepared to kill several men for this.

Punch up in Dundee. Last man standing gets this font.
  2. I'm up for that
  3. Wow. Demanding, aren't we?

I kind of like the idea of a Hunger-Games style competition for the fruits of my labors! "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Here's the deal - I spent a long, long time on this and it's really not perfect by many standards. Still, it works very well... and, it's with a slight sense of dismay that my efforts and offering have been greeted with a certain amount of spite (Alex... you know who I'm talking about) and a realization that I'm giving away something I worked very hard to create. I never thought to ask any payment for any of this; but perhaps a slight bit more appreciation and a slight bit less of the "gimme-gimmes" wouldn't be too much to ask, hmm?

Alas and nonetheless - sorry for keeping you all waiting. There were a couple more things I decided to work out on the font (and I'll probably find more) - and frankly, I'm a BUSY GUY! I'm a student, husband, father, church leader, HOA board member, engineer-in-training (ie: I have a job) and occasionally I eat and sleep too.

Okay... without further blabbing, here is the long-awaited link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/k5idbT_Z/Achtung_U2_-_font.html

Enjoy and Create!
  4. Of course it's appreciated, we're all diehard U2 fans who would love something like this. It's dedication and commitment for someone such as yourself to work on something like this for so long, and I can understand you being a bit displeased at the reaction you got, but that being said it's much easier to enjoy and appreciate something that's been given without looking for something in return. Would you beg for something like this or treat someone like they just delivered the greatest thing since sliced bread for it? I'm not saying that's what you're looking for at all either, these are just the impressions I got from a few lines of text (which was stupid of me). I know my own response was "give us now please" but that was really just a joke and a stupid way of saying "wow I would really love to be able to use something like this". Granted I could have worded it much better (probably something closer to what I just did rephrase it as), but the point is it IS well appreciated, but I've never been one to ask for something like this more than once. Someone posted a picture of a donkey with the carrot tied to it so it'll never get it, and THAT was essentially the impression I got from your initial post and your response to the second post I made. I'm sure you're reading this now saying "that wasn't it at all!"

NOW THAT THAT'S ALL OVER WITH I'd really just like to apologize for the big loss in translation. I hadn't realized that the main reason you were withholding it was to make finishing touches and all that, and for that I'm sorry, I honestly thought it was a classic case of "I have something you want, but you can't have it!" and I responded in a way that was taking it personally which was wasn't entirely mature of me. It's near impossible to interpret the tone of someone's expression over text (which is why I always tell my friends I hate texting) and I feel as though that's pretty much what we have here.

Anyway, pretty much, thanks for the hard work, it doesn't in any way go unappreciated on my end or I'm sure on anybody elses. Like so many other fans in the U2 community who spend countless hours creating something for U2 fans to enjoy for free, your generosity won't go unnoticed by any U2 fan who uses this. Hopefully if you continue to use this website as I do we can have some fun conversations about U2, and laugh about this whole thing later on. Now, I'm done sounding like a big pretentious asshole who likes to see his own text! I just thought these things had to be said from my end.

Alex
  5. Amazing! God Job, man! Thank you very much!
  6. thanks, but i cant download it, is it possible to get via rapidshare or mediafire?
  7. Alex - thanks for the kind words. No worries about anything (from anybody)... it's all water under the bridge at this point.

For those who aren't able to download from the link I provided earlier, you merely need to sign up for a 4shared.com account. It's free and easy.

However, since some people are (understandably) reluctant to sign up for yet ANOTHER service on the web, hopefully you'll be able to download from the RapidShare link (below) without any trouble. I've never hosted a file on RapidShare (though I've downloaded plenty), but I don't believe you should have to sign up for anything.

Try this one: Achtung U2 (rapidshare link)
  8. By the way, there's a .txt document within the .zip file that explains this, but it's probably worth mentioning here:

The font only uses its basic characters within MS Word (and perhaps other word-processing software) because it doesn't have a digital signature--something that is required by Word in order to "safely" use Open-Type font features. However, InDesign, PhotoShop, and other design software should automatically use the full effects of the font--which actually makes a pretty big difference in how it all looks when everything is displayed--provided open-type/ligatures are enabled within the program. I believe most of enabled by default.

9. Originally posted by fabiolous:Alex - thanks for the kind words. No worries about anything (from anybody)... it's all water under the bridge at this point.

For those who aren't able to download from the link I provided earlier, you merely need to sign up for a 4shared.com account. It's free and easy.

However, since some people are (understandably) reluctant to sign up for yet ANOTHER service on the web, hopefully you'll be able to download from the RapidShare link (below) without any trouble. I've never hosted a file on RapidShare (though I've downloaded plenty), but I don't believe you should have to sign up for anything.

Try this one: Achtung U2 (rapidshare link)

Thank you !!!!!
  10. THANKS, In the Name Of Love.
  11. I will marry you.
  12. thanks for the font!!!