1. No it's not...
    LikeASong if you found it please share it here !!!
  2. Sure I will
  3. My dear U2 Friends! It's not that I don't reply... in fact, I replied to quite a number of requests for the font. There are enough people out there with the font that I'm actually a little surprised no one else has posted it again. I'm quite glad they haven't though and I appreciate their respect as well as yours in this matter.

Here's the thing: I spent quite a long time creating the Achtung U2 font, at the expense of work and school and family time. I'm a husband, father and a graduate student with little time on my hands anymore. My apologies to those who requested the font but didn't get a reply - honestly, I've just been THAT busy. And, of course, when I get a moment of downtime, the requests I've gotten are usually down a ways on my e-mail and are "out of sight, out of mind."

That said, part of the reason I've put less thought into replying was because too many people didn't respond after I asked a small favor in return. Given my meager financial circumstances, I would merely request a donation of "whatever you think is appropriate" in return for the font. A few people seemed okay with this, and some were even quite generous, which I was (and am) extremely grateful for. However, many simply stopped corresponding after I made the request, which I thought was sad. I'm really not trying to be greedy here—I'm just in a circumstance where I could use the use the extra help for the hard work I put in.

Anyhow, there you have it. I'd appreciate it if you would allow me to continue to be the one to disperse this font, rather than posting it up for everyone to have.

Best wishes and love to you all.
    Fabiolous (Dan)
  4. Well if I understand, you want "sold" this font and not share it?
    So why made a post on a U2 community forum if it's not for sharing?

No offence here but next time, put your font on eBay if you want to made profit of it...
  5. I really see your point, Fabioulus.

But... saying that in a website where you can (and probably already had) download for free any bootleg you want, even if you didn't devoted hours and money to record or edit any of them, sounds a bit... I don't know. Let's just say it's not the most convincing of arguments.

Actually, the nice folks that lead this place ASK for donations but without conditioning the content to the donations.

Once said that, why not just sell the font in a traditional way?

Anyway, thanks for creating the font, it looks amazing.

6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I really see your point, Fabioulus.

But... saying that in a website where you can (and probably already had) download for free any bootleg you want, even if you didn't devoted hours and money to record or edit any of them, sounds a bit... I don't know. Let's just say it's not the most convincing of arguments.

Actually, the nice folks that lead this place ASK for donations but without conditioning the content to the donations.
    You said it.

I'm glad you have replied, fabiolous, but if you wanted to make profit from this, you should have asked that from the very first place. I somehow understand your point, but you should have thought it better in my opinion. The font is now out there (in case the download links ever worked and someone actually got the font) and I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. If someone replies my PM and I get the font, I will make sure to donate you a few €s on paypal, but you can not expect everyone to do so - that's what the "personal donation" concept is all about. Sorry dude, and thanks again.
  7. Yeah... actually, no "profit" for the font has ever been intended. Given the hours spent, a profit would be rather unlikely. And, quite honestly, for those that didn't reply to me when I mentioned donating "what you think it might be worth", they could have said "1 cent" and I would have still gladly shared the font. Others have expressed that they couldn't afford to pay anything, and I have been glad to share.

Initially, I was happy to just release it for free. It wasn't until finances got really tight that I decided it wasn't asking too much to get a little donation for it. I recognize that if it's "out there" then it's possible anyone could get it for free. The same is actually true of any font, even those sold for hundreds of dollars; yet, they still get sold. If everyone agrees that putting a set price on the font and selling it would be the best way to go, then I suppose I can do that instead. I figured the "donate-what-you'd like" approach was more fair-minded, would allow more people to have the font, and would promote more honesty.

LikeASong (and anyone)... if you'd like the font, please PM me.

Anyway, I'm sorry for anyone who has felt snubbed by a lack of reply. Truly, I'm just incredibly busy and it's hard to meet all my obligations. My apologies.

Best wishes to everyone.
  8. --
  9. Send PM 12 days ago... No answers...
  10. I got the font from another long term user, I will send it to you when I fly back home if the creator doesnt do it before.

Thanks for the explanation and the apologies, fabiolous. Feel free to publish your paypal address so those of us who STILL want to somehow reward you for creating this piece of art can do it
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I got the font from another long term user, I will send it to you when I fly back home if the creator doesnt do it before.

Thanks for the explanation and the apologies, fabiolous. Feel free to publish your paypal address so those of us who STILL want to somehow reward you for creating this piece of art can do it
    Is there a chance to join the mailing list, LAS?

---

Is there a chance U2start (quoting from the About Us in the site: "The goal was to create more of a personal website for the fan who wanted to find everything about U2 on one place."), is there a chance that U2 start tried to contact fabiolous (again) and "pay" for the font and make it available as a site feature? -assuming Fabiolous would agree to it- )
  12. Well if you all donate a part of that U2start would be happy to