1. Now, I'm thinking of getting a Kite on my arm
  2. Got my very first tattoo yesterday (next to my scar from when I broke my wrist 3 years ago)

3. Copycat!
  4. Remember that in Samoa as well as in some part of New Zealand these black stripes mean grief
    In those places who wear this kind of tattoos had a loss or something like that
    It’s not just a black stripe
  5. Originally posted by Fly40:Remember that in Samoa as well as in some part of New Zealand these black stripes mean grief
    In those places who wear this kind of tattoos had a loss or something like that
    It’s not just a black stripe
    And in other Western hemispheres the visual etymology of the black band is worn by the Hopi. A denotation of something completely divergent to death, as depicted in the Kachinas. If memory serves me well, these are known as wuyu, and are indicative of symbolic representation. Often seen as tricksters and characters of fun! Something to excogitate when choosing a tattoo and its relevance.
  6. I'd never get someone else's tattoo tbh. if you say "inspired", will they look different? or still be two black bands.
  7. Everyone is free to get tattooed and have the tattoo he wants.in the last few years the tattoo has become fashion so that everyone seems like must have a tattoo
    The black stripes for example were used to mark the criminals in the ancient ?? Japan
    Or in others to show the social class
    But nowadays some have lost meanings in the order that everyone get tattooed with symbols that doesn’t know.....
    I don’t want to be critical but maybe I may seem
    You can get a tattoo and “make it yours” by changing some lines....well it’s a free world
    Surely the black lines look good.i like the black color in the tattoo
    So.....get tattooed and don’t hurt nobody
    Peace
  8. Those black band tattoos have been around for years.
    One of my favourite singers . Has had a similar one but a bit broader for over 20 years.

Blackwork style tattoos and bracelet designs are getting popular again.
  9. I've been wanting a U2 tatoo for about 3 years now. It started with a vague thought but has become a firm wish in the past weeks / months. To the point where I'm really annoyed at myself for not coming up with a great idea. I'm not much of an artist, so I guess that's my problem. So maybe I can get some input here. Also, it will be my first tatoo.
    What I don't want: pictures of band members, anything too "black" (i.e. too massive), colored tatoo, anything every other fan has (i.e. joshua tree, suitcase etc).
    What I want: something that has a meaning to me, either a symbol or a lyric with a graphic element to it. I lean towards the latter. And that is where "not being creative" is a problem...
    My favorite songs are horses and running (bad and wowy come in next). In horses I particularly love the part from "oh the deeper I spin" onwards until "the doors you open I just can't close". Form Running "scream without raising your voice" is beautiful but bit negative My favourite album is AB and I love that font. This e+i tour was massively important to me. The tour I went a bit wild on, and a tour that meant the world to me. But the tour logo or a date seem a bit boring. From this tour, Love is bigger is a song I really loved. While I love the "dream out loud" lyric, it is used by way too many fans. I want something a bit more unique. Same goes for "if there is a light don't let it go out". Also that song is not up with my favourites.
    And finally the question "where" causes problem. I really like tatoos on the forearm and wrist but jobwise that might be a problem. I need to be able to cover it up. But I want it in a spot where I can see it, so the back etc is out. A thought that recently occured to me was to have it done over my heart pretty much. Or a bit more to the left, like under my left shoulder.
    Alright, I realize this post is all over the place, but I'll be thankful for any sort of input.
  10. Right over your heart could be the right place even if the heart is nearby the center of our chest
    Find a good phrase that could reflect your personality a good tattoo artist and the work is done
    Personally I have “ I love mankind it’s people I can’t stand “ tattoed ( it’s by Schultz the man of Charlie Brown) but I won’t tell you where cos you won’t believe it
  11. The lyrics from Little Things for example reflect my last few years and in the future I will surely write something from it somewhere over my body
    Just have to find space