1. I thought the items at Wolfgang's Vault were unauthorized bootlegs themselves. Somehow I don't see U2 allowing the sale of audio that was taken from stolen crew VHS and/or audio tapes.

However any talk of obtaining them via other methods should not be discussed on this forum.

It is 2020. Figure it out. You have the entire internet at your fingertips.
  2. Originally posted by miryclay:Just set up an account and pay like everyone else. That way the creators get compensated as well. And then music has a future.
    Which creators? Adam, Larry, Edge and Bono? I doubt they get to see a cent of anything that WV makes out of selling their shows.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Which creators? Adam, Larry, Edge and Bono? I doubt they get to see a cent of anything that WV makes out of selling their shows.
    I wouldn't know the particulars.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    For example... this
  5. From this same thread, a little insight on how Wolfang's Vault built and made profit out of the biggest live music collection in the online world. Doubtful about its legitimacy...

Originally posted by ade:[..]

it's probably something to do with it being 25 years old - if you look at people like r.e.m, springsteen etc there are a lot of live recordings receiving semi-legitimate releases that were originally recorded for radio broadcast as this u2 gig probably was but never received.

Plus if you look at wofgang's vault you'll see that certainly in the cases of artists of the stature of u2, springsteen, sting, etc there are very few, maybe not even any recordings from the 90's onwards despite there definitely in sting's case being a number of gigs broadcast across the u.s. radio networks.
    Originally posted by ade:from page 183 of pete townshends autobiography, re: original source of many of the recordings on wolfgang's vault; bill graham.

"our record company was demanding our cooperation in controlling bootleg recordings of our show. What they didn't understand was that unlicensed recordings were being made by promoters as well as fans. Bill graham recorded almost all of them, often using an on-site studio. Bob pridden, our soundman, sometimes found pins inserted into stage cables leading off to makeshift recording bays. I don't think any of us in the band knew or cared what might happen to all this music fifty years on. Graham knew it was imprtant though he even discreetly filmed certain concerts".