1. The Thing is they were (are) too greedy and didn’t film on film tapes so apart from Rattle and Hum there is not much pre 2005 to be truly upgraded
  2. Originally posted by zbych:The Thing is they were (are) too greedy and didn’t film on film tapes so apart from Rattle and Hum there is not much pre 2005 to be truly upgraded
    I believe that it is true. Maybe some show from ZooTV 1992 in north america. Or same some show already released like Elevation era. Buenos aires and SP were filmed for U23D ... Who knows one day they will release in 4k. But I will be happy with release of movie "Heartland" in 4k.
  3. Originally posted by zbych:The Thing is they were (are) too greedy and didn’t film on film tapes so apart from Rattle and Hum there is not much pre 2005 to be truly upgraded
    While true, they can still do re-transfers and remastering which would be a significant upgrade to the current releases. I mean just look at Sydney 1993. On video so only so much can be done but if you directly compare the official DVD back to back with the 1080p stream and the stream is visually much better than the DVD.

Obviously not as much of an upgrade as the 4K INXS release but still worth doing in my option.

And that is the stream which is compressed. If they put out the uncompressed source of Sydney on BluRay it would be even better quality than the stream. They should put out a remastered BluRay box set of all the past releases.
  4. INXS was a band that built a following on its reputation for live performances so, like U2, it surprises me that they've released so little live material. U2 captured more of their performances visually but there's only this and one other complete concert for INXS.
  5. So is there really that much of a difference in this release? Because I have both the box-set vhs/cd release from the early 90's and the DVD release years later? Figured I don't need this....
  6. Originally posted by Document:So is there really that much of a difference in this release? Because I have both the box-set vhs/cd release from the early 90's and the DVD release years later? Figured I don't need this....
    Have you watched the comparison video?

7. Originally posted by jasvan:Watched “Mystify” last night. Really worth watching even though it’s tuff last 30min. But I’m listening to them today to honor them.
    Saw Live Baby Live trailer above and really excited for that. One of my favorite films and it will have to previously skipped song “Lately “ added to performance so that’s cool.
    Saw them in 1991 in Daytona Beach on X tour. So good.

"Mystify" is on BBC 4 in the UK @ 10pm tonight