1. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

When I read things like this, it could be right I don't know, I always think that the band are THERE themselves. A band like U2 will make their own decisions, they won't do what somebody tell them to do. They are too big for that.

Or am I living in a dream world?

well whichever of them decided this should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

I'd rather they quit than this at least our memories wouldn't be tarnished by the shit livenation is no doubt going to put us through. Roll up the festivals, 90 minute hit sets to appeal to the few who know beautiful day and pre-sales to people so stupid they need their fucking hands holding to buy a ticket.

god bless mr bowie for telling them where to put their hard rock.
  2. Hm, i taste some Vomit in my Mouth!
  3. Good points all round being made on the @U2 forum discussion about this.

Originally posted by Manos73U2 and McGuinness were obviously well suited for each other. But he's felt out of step with the 21st century. The last two records really could have used a firmer manger's touch calling BS. And he continued to b**** about MP3's long past when it was "cute." And U2.com. It's been a joke for years.
    I don't know much about the new manager. But hopefully he can can correct/improve on some of these.

Yeah, I agree that both McG and the band had lost touch with current reality, so it might be good in a sense... but then again, selling out to LN isn't the best way to do things.
    Originally posted by jenniferhLive Nation did say they were going to fix Ticketmaster when they acquired it..... Still waiting for that to happen
    U2.com became an atrocity when they took it over...... I have feeling it's just going to get worse

Totally

BTW. Who's that "Velvet Dress" that quoted me there?
  4. That would be me; I hope you don't mind.
  5. didn't see this happening, like, ever. glad it has though, maybe it'll take them out of their comfort zone.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I AM concerned. I AM sad. This is terrible news.
    One, because Paul McGuinness had been U2's only manager since they started out, the first person besides U2 families that believed in the boys back in 1976; it's so sad to see him go! He was also a very respected guy in the musical businness and industry, and his amount of contacts and influences won't be easily matched by anyone else...
    And two, because it's LiveNation, guys, LIVEFUCKINGNATION, what's taking our band completely in their hands!!! Like if they didn't own a big enough part of the business... Now, let's sell out the biggest live-band in the world to theirs, so they can spread their filthy money-seeking tentacles even further.... No no no no no

Terrible news by any means. Terrible news

This words

7. It's funny how everyone made fun about McGuiness. "Big fat money-grabbing pig" was one of the kindest things I've read here.
    And now that he's gone, everyone is mad.
    Make up your minds

My opinion :
    - McGuiness will still play a substantial role behind the scenes.
    - The new manager, Oseary, will probably do some innovations, à la working with social media, what we've discussed recently. Give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not JUST Livenation.
    - About Livenation : Not a fan either. It seems the band again chose the path of wealth. You can also make this conclusion by the fact they're looking for commercial partners again. And THIS is what I don't understand. They're the richest band in the world and they still want more. You can't keep saying this is just McGuiness' fault, it's the decision of our 4 heroes. U2 has drifted as far away from ZooTV as possible.
  8. I'm with Sergio on this. Business aside, it's just a sad day to see the U2 family break up a little bit It won't be the same reading U2byU2 anymore when Paul comes in, his fifth member moniker is basically revoked.

9. yes he will be the president .. lets' see what the january market window will take us .. hoping for a top class striker
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I'm with Sergio on this. Business aside, it's just a sad day to see the U2 family break up a little bit It won't be the same reading U2byU2 anymore when Paul comes in, his fifth member moniker is basically revoked.

many pages speak of another band compared to "U2" of today, McGuinness or not McGuinness