1. But I'm down for new approaches buy the band to reinvent their image so I applaud the decision, just a shocking one to take I think.
  2. This nearly made me cry. Call me a romantic, but...

3. Yeah I remember Anaheim 1 had Paul onstage for the first time EVER. Something about having him around for so long is what makes it that much more shocking...

Maybe he's just retiring? He's in his mid to late 60's after all...
  4. I think here's been a little bit of an overreaction to the news on here. I'm with Matt on the matter, it doesn't concern me. I've posted my thoughts on LiveNation before and whilst that opinion was based off assumptions, I stand by what I wrote.
  5. my thoughts are his age and maybe has an illness that is stopping his activities?? who knows time will tell. I thought with the band in their twilight years ( deliberate pun) they would have all
    retired together. that's why I think it's illness.
  6. Maybe it's because he's 60+ and actually wants to have some time to himself in the later years of his life? He's been on the road with U2 for the better part of 35 years and maybe it's just time for him to pull up stumps and call it a day so he can live out the rest of his life? I think people are overreacting.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I've always said this... I think usually nobody, not even the bands themselves, know when their time comes. Sometimes it's a dead member, other times it's an unsolvable discussion between the members, sometimes it's just the inspiration and passion that go away. But I think nobody plans a schedule and says "this is going to be our last album and our last tour"... That just comes suddenly for most of the bands, sometimes in the middle of a tour or an album recording. Changing management doesn't mean a thing regarding the future of the band. If they're quitting, they will quit regardless their manager or whatever.

Yes but it means that U2 haven't planned to release their next album as their last, to me anyway. If it was going to be their last and last tour I'm sure PM would stick around, and I doubt that Live Nation would want to buy a business that's about to shut up shop for good.
  8. Originally posted by dylbagz:Maybe it's because he's 60+ and actually wants to have some time to himself in the later years of his life? He's been on the road with U2 for the better part of 35 years and maybe it's just time for him to pull up stumps and call it a day so he can live out the rest of his life? I think people are overreacting.

it's not the fact he's retiring .. it's legit, sad but acceptable of course
    it's the road they're taking
  9. It doesn't really worry me. They are entitled to make decisions to in order to maximise profits and line their pockets. U2 is their job after all. And it is a business. What would any other business do? Continue on just making a decent amount, or, what would they do, if the opportunity arose to sell to someone for more money? I know what happens 99% of the time and I don't understand where all this opposition to business comes from from music fans.