1. VertigoRadio (U2Valencia's radio program) spoke with Madonna's Spanish fanclub yesterday on air (I participated by phone as well) and they said that the new manager is really close to the fans so hopefully what we lose with LiveNation, we win with the new guy. Let's see.

2. What does it say?

We win
    We loose
    It ?????

I still don't know why some people here are so concerned, I don't think that much will change. We'll just wait and see, I guess.
  3. Originally posted by bartajax:What does it say?

We win
    We loose
    It ?????

I still don't know why some people here are so concerned, I don't think that much will change. We'll just wait and see, I guess.

We win
    We loose
    It's perfe
    Ct
  4. U2 are being taken over by Live Nation and Madonna's manager in a $30 million deal. Will this lead to a disco mix of Bono Don’t Preach, wonders Neil McCormick
    By Neil McCormick
    6:51PM GMT 14 Nov 2013

hehehe
  5. jeez if that prize is right 4 U2 cost less than 1/4 of Bale
  6. Interesting article...

http://www.alancross.ca/a-journal-of-musical-things/2013/11/15/more-analysis-of-the-news-that-u2s-manager-is-stepping-aside.html

Meanwhile, this has set off all kinds of speculation about what this means for U2. Fans are annoyed and maybe a little frightened. After all, McGuinness has functioned as a fifth member of the band (he gets 20% of the profits, just like everyone else) since the beginning.

But stepping back a little, this might be another one of McGuinness' brilliant business moves. By getting out of the way now, U2 is possibly pre-empting a crisis. What would happen to the band in the midst of and album and touring cycle if their manager and chief career architect was suddenly laid up?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Interesting article...

http://www.alancross.ca/a-journal-of-musical-things/2013/11/15/more-analysis-of-the-news-that-u2s-manager-is-stepping-aside.html

Meanwhile, this has set off all kinds of speculation about what this means for U2. Fans are annoyed and maybe a little frightened. After all, McGuinness has functioned as a fifth member of the band (he gets 20% of the profits, just like everyone else) since the beginning.

But stepping back a little, this might be another one of McGuinness' brilliant business moves. By getting out of the way now, U2 is possibly pre-empting a crisis. What would happen to the band in the midst of and album and touring cycle if their manager and chief career architect was suddenly laid up?

I guess Alan has been reading forums.

He's got a point. U2 and the Big Dog have always made smart moves. Odds are that this is another.
  8. yep, that's the part I wanted to underline too, also the talk about the album
  9. Hmmm, if so, what did he achieve, these last "several months" ?