1. Yes! A transfer from the master was shared some time ago.

At the moment we only have the mp3's up...

...but l have made a note to add the flacs files tomorrow
  2. Exactly! He said he's got the original high quality tapes at his house (he's hates mp3). He would download them all in their proper quality, but he said the process to do so is sooooo long and tedious.
  3. Originally posted by Release3:Exactly! He said he's got the original high quality tapes at his house (he's hates mp3). He would download them all in their proper quality, but he said the process to do so is sooooo long and tedious.
    I hope he didnt tell you to go die when you mentioned the show was uploaded here in mp3!

4. He knows it's all over. CDs, vinyl, cassette. He said he can't listen to the copies because of the "poor" quality lol. He was pretty excited when I told him I heard his taping
  5. The flac's from Rick B's master tape are available now: https://u2start.com/shows/767/#!audio

There are indeed loads of bootlegs around! In fact, my very first U2 bootleg was Tear Down The Walls on double vinyl
  6. Originally posted by Release3:So today at work, I was talking to a contractor who is a music lover, but more importantly a sound lover. He owns equipment worth thousands and thousands of dollars to play records, cassettes, and CDs on so he can listen to the highest/clearest quality possible. He was telling me he also tapes shows and remasters them for his own listening. He's recorded ~300 concerts so naturally I ask if he taped any U2 shows. He goes "Pshh, do I have U2 recordings?" He's telling me how one of his better recordings is of U2 live from Rosemont in Chicago, I stop him in his tracks and ask "Rock's Hottest Ticket?"

THIS GUY WAS THE TAPER FOR THE ROCKS HOTTEST TICKET BOOTLEG! He's got a few other U2 tapes from those string of shows and some from Elevation in Chicago. Coolest guy, we talked for a solid 45 mins, but he said one day soon he'll invite me over to listen to some of the original cassette tapes of those JoShua tree shows he taped.
    Hahaha Marty, that is insane You just stumbled upon a piece of music history in himself. Let a friendship grow there and you might be able to listen to (and share with us? ) true hidden gems!