1. Is unbelievable how we can be in such different ways !

I love invisible and EBTTRT . Even is not the best Vertigo version i prefer it on the setlist ..and NYD?? we have too much greatest hits actually ...

Of course i want to listen again Mofo and Discotheque
  2. ...I know... but you gotta drop some, to make room for the new ones
    I REALLY love RBW, but I can't think of it remote from UTEOTW...
    - then why not keep both?
    Because it is so connected with the SOI...
    - well, SOI pt.2...
    Not gonna happen...

But, for comfort & compensation sake, let's bring back The Unforgettable Fire

PS: For over ten years now I'm hoping that U2 will included a rotational album themed slot of 3 songs at least (4 would be brilliant, but 3 seems already a miracle....)
    - for instance:
    TUF, ASOHC, BAD (+Pride as standard setlist song)
    or
    An Cat Dubh, Into The Heat, Another Time, Another Place as standard setlist song)
    or
    New Year's Day, Two Hearts Beat As One & Surrender (+ SBS as standard setlist song)
    or
    Exit, BTBS+RTSS (+ Streets & WOWY as standard setlist songs)

...but...I can hear "them" already say...

N O T - G O N N A - H A P P E N
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    ...I know... but you gotta drop some, to make room for the new ones
    I REALLY love RBW, but I can't think of it remote from UTEOTW...
    - then why not keep both?
    Because it is so connected with the SOI...
    - well, SOI pt.2...
    Not gonna happen...

But, for comfort & compensation sake, let's bring back The Unforgettable Fire

PS: For over ten years now I'm hoping that U2 will included a rotational album themed slot of 3 songs at least (4 would be brilliant, but 3 seems already a miracle....)
    - for instance:
    TUF, ASOHC, BAD (+Pride as standard setlist song)
    or
    An Cat Dubh, Into The Heat, Another Time, Another Place as standard setlist song)
    or
    New Year's Day, Two Hearts Beat As One & Surrender (+ SBS as standard setlist song)
    or
    Exit, BTBS+RTSS (+ Streets & WOWY as standard setlist songs)

...but...I can hear "them" already say...

N O T - G O N N A - H A P P E N
    Nice idea ...but not gonna happen
  4. Just been having a think about the band dropping the entire JT for E&I and it got me thinking which songs out of these regularly played might they drop on the next tour for the full duration of it.

I will follow
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Pride
    One
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day

I don’t believe any of these have been dropped for an entire tour before.
  5. Nope, none of those have missed any full tour ever since they were released.

The only one I'd like to continue appearing is I Will Follow, I'd love the rest of them to be dropped!
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:Just been having a think about the band dropping the entire JT for E&I and it got me thinking which songs out of these regularly played might they drop on the next tour for the full duration of it.

I will follow
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Pride
    One
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day

I would say the only two that would continue to be a setlist staple are Vertigo and Beautiful Day regardless. The rest would most likely be played, but not necessarily every night. I could also see all of these being setlist staples just as easily. Depends on what type of venues they are playing and where the tour is going and what the themes of the new album are and how they fit the narrative of the show. I would say Elevation and NY Day are the most likely to not be done every night or possibly at all. I wouldn't place a wager on it though!
  7. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    I would say the only two that would continue to be a setlist staple are Vertigo and Beautiful Day regardless. The rest would most likely be played, but not necessarily every night. I could also see all of these being setlist staples just as easily. Depends on what type of venues they are playing and where the tour is going and what the themes of the new album are and how they fit the narrative of the show. I would say Elevation and NY Day are the most likely to not be done every night or possibly at all. I wouldn't place a wager on it though!
    May God hear you regarding Elevation
  8. Elevation is a tricky one. Listening to recordings it is a skip it typically. But when you see them do it in person the place goes crazy typically and it is sort of fun. But I don't think it needs to be a staple. It wasn't for the I & E tour. So it is possible.
  9. I did enjoy a few of these in the last few tours but New Years Day is the only one that was really a highlight because it’s my favourite song from the list. It’s always great live and I like that they started doing the ‘maybe the time is right’ and ‘ golden age’ bits as well as the reworked version for E&I. I will follow is a great live tune and I think it unites most category of u2 fan in being enjoyable but also considered a really strong tune whereas something like elevation people just say it’s great live but there’s a good chunk of fans that aren’t that impressed with it. Anyway I’d be happy to drop them all to bring something different to the setlists in the next tour alongside whatever new songs they release but I suspect at most maybe 1 or 2 of them could be dropped from an entire tour and of the 8 I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least half played every night. But I didn’t think they would have dropped all JT songs for a tour so maybe anything’s possible.
  10. drop :
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    one
    With Or Without You

I hope the return of some songs :
    Bullet The Blue Sky (POPmart version)
    Hawkmoon 269
    God Part II
    All I Want Is You
    Love Is Blindness
    Discothèque
    Mofo
    Staring At The Sun
    Gone
    Please
    Wake Up Dead Man
    The Ground Beneath Her Feet
    Miracle Drug
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    No Line On The Horizon
    Magnificent
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:Just been having a think about the band dropping the entire JT for E&I and it got me thinking which songs out of these regularly played might they drop on the next tour for the full duration of it.

I will follow
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Pride
    One
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day

Sunday Bloody Sunday on Lovetown. For me Beautiful Day and Pride are the songs that should be dropped for a while.. or at least need some refreshment. On the other hand, I don't like to focus too much on individual songs.. as long as they put on a great show, I'm fine with whatever they play..
  12. Originally posted by kharbouch:drop :
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    one
    With Or Without You

I hope the return of some songs :
    Bullet The Blue Sky (POPmart version)
    Hawkmoon 269
    God Part II
    All I Want Is You
    Love Is Blindness
    Discothèque
    Mofo
    Staring At The Sun
    Gone
    Please
    Wake Up Dead Man
    The Ground Beneath Her Feet
    Miracle Drug
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    No Line On The Horizon
    Magnificent
    Praying Miracle Drug & Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own return someday. I hope they never drop New Years Day because I have never heard it live!