1. Christ I had to boot up an ancient windows desktop PC to get iTunes installed. A fun evening. Sleep Like a Baby, Troubles and Cedarwood stood out immediately. Not much of it hangs around for me now but it’s still their best album since Zooropa and Pop.
  2. Troubles, EBW , Invisible, RBW, Reach Me
    All great tunes and best lyrics since AYCLB
    Top 5 Album for me and tour was one of best
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:Here's how it all began, as fan of the band it was really exciting I honestly never envisaged them putting their album out immediately I thought they were just there as special guest to launch their new single and tell everyone there was an album coming out in a few weeks,I know some geeks saw it as musical terrorism but it was a ballsy move by the band which got their music heard by half a billion people whether they wanted it or not.

[YouTube Video]

I don't think 500 million accessed it.
  4. At the time there rumours U2 would be at the Apple event but I don't think anyone thought they would perform a new song let alone release a brand new album immediately I certainly didn't, I thought they were doing some tie in with iTunes that involved discounts on their albums if you bought a concert ticket or an updated version of the U2 Ipod they were some of the things that were being mooted on the airwaves nobody really knew what was gonna happen.
  5. Listened to a few tracks for the first time in ages.

I don't think they actually listened to SOI when making SOE... the quality is so much better on this in every way...
  6. After The Joshua Tree en Achtung Baby my favorite album I think. It is the album that made me a fan After that I started listening to their earlier work... It is one of the greatest things that happened to me in the last 7 years... Because U2 helped me through hard times and they still do
  7. Gave it a full run during my trip to work today. Enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Lovely LP.
  8. SOI is in my U2 top 3 ever, a great U2 album and tour. By far a better album than the uninspired SOE.
  9. It’s ageing well. Much better than the three albums before it and the one that followed it makes it their best album of the past 23 years (maybe even 27 years).
  10. I'm seeing a good bunch of fans from all different spaces in my life praising SOI lately.

WELL it was about feckin time!!!!!!!
  11. SOI is so good
  12. It's far better than SOE - an underappreciated work of art.